Is DEPP insurance out of business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the middle of settling a claim at the moment for some gear that got stolen earlier this year. I got approval to purchase the replacement equipment about a week and a half ago. If you're dealing with Sandy she had an accident a few weeks ago and everything went quiet for a while until Dixie took over my claim and things started happening again.

Keep in mind that they can sometimes be a bit slow in answering emails as well.

I had heard decent things about DEPP but if I have to work this hard to buy a policy, I have to wonder how difficult it would be to deal with a claim.

I would like to insure my photo equipment before I dive it and I may have to miss a dive next weekend if I cannot get this stuff covered. I emailed my information Friday evening along with some questions and called Monday to follow up and left a voicemail. I figured I would hear something after two business days and hopefully get coverage in a week. Doesn't look like that will happen.

My claim is now several weeks old. No response...... Do they, if they care, understand how much business someone like me can cost them? I yell loud...
Ummm, DAN subs to DEPP same/same

I wish Dive Assure was available in LA

DAN was our sole option this year.

I prefer competitive market forces.

FWIW, I've dealt with DEPP since 2003 and they've always been quick and responsive. This would appear to be unusual for them.

Wildcard:
My claim is now several weeks old. No response...... Do they, if they care, understand how much business someone like me can cost them? I yell loud...
Ummm, DAN subs to DEPP same/same

I don't believe DAN subs to DEPP. DAN's site states "Dive Equipment Insurance services are being provided by Senn, Dunn, Marsh, and Roland, LLC." and the link pops up as H2Oinsurance.com with different policies than DEPP.

tx51210:
I don't believe DAN subs to DEPP. DAN's site states "Dive Equipment Insurance services are being provided by Senn, Dunn, Marsh, and Roland, LLC." and the link pops up as H2Oinsurance.com with different policies than DEPP.

Correct, this is who I have my insurance with.

bladephotog:
Correct, this is who I have my insurance with.

I settled on the H2O insurance thu DAN.

I liked the DEPP policy setup better, but the lack of responsiveness from DEPP and the poor condition of their website made me abandon my attempts at getting a DEPP policy. Had all the DEPP info filled out and submitted, just never could get some simple questions answered about the pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom