Let's Hear It For the Women Divers Hall of Fame

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacketSniffer

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
<applause>

I thought some would find this interesting. I don't think we hear enough about the women that are making great contributions to the sport. So, dig in and learn about what each has done.

The Women Divers Hall of Fame

I've worked with several members in the past including Sylvia Earle in the 70's and Lorraine Sadler who also works out of my LDS here on Catalina (SCUBA Luv). I know a few others who should be nominated as well.

Congrats to all, but...

No new inductees since 2002...A website that looks like it was designed circa 1995...Is this thing legit?

They are "legit", unfortunately interest seems to have waned.

chickdiver:
They are "legit", unfortunately interest seems to have waned.

That is unfortunate. There are a lot of great names on that list... :(

CAPT HOOK:
Why a womens hall of fame.

because few talk about women divers, unfortunately, and this is a great way to call attention to them

if they got the attention they deserved to begin with, this wouldn't be necessary

i'm surprised Dr. Barbara Am Ende didn't make it

H2Andy:
if they got the attention they deserved to begin with, this wouldn't be necessary

Good answer, Andy.

I was trained by Fran Gaar at the aqua lung school ...It was a trip.She was more stringent than most of the wacko ex-navy divers back then.I taught for her for a few years after that.

I would suggest those interested read the thread titled 'Doing a paper on women in diving" which is either listed before or after this thread.

You might find it interesting and somewhat historically educational.
SDM

Back
Top Bottom