All about Oxygen O2 Analyzers, including DIY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Warhammer
I saw that unit, NetDoc, it looks nice.

While we're on the subject of analyzers, anyone here have one of the Abyss OxySpy O2 Analysers? Those look like the ticket as well. They are higher, but still cheaper than some.

When the sensor in the OxySpy is used up you get to buy a whole new unit!!!!

BTW ... this is my 50th post .... do I win something?????

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

When the sensor in the OxySpy is used up you get to buy a whole new unit!!!!

BTW ... this is my 50th post .... do I win something?????

And for my 51st post I get to correct my 50th post......

Seems that you can change the sensor without replacing the whole unit.....

And the price for the sensor is about the same as you could buy a sensor from Oxychek....

Do I lose something????

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

I get the impression that Warhammer *needs* to do more than just purchase a ready made unit.....

In fact I'll wager he would make the resistors, capacitors and LCD himself if he could.... :wink:

That said......
what's up with buyin a *high tech sensor saver* (plumbing fitting) when you could use a ziplock sandwich bag?????

Or even better yet ....just throw it in the pelican box....

Nah, not the resistors and caps just the LCD. :) Just like tinkering I guess.

Yeah, I thought I'd read the sensor was replaceable in the Oxyspy. I do think it's the only stick that you can replace it in though.

All sensors are not the same. The sensor in the OxySpy seems to last approximately one year based on the people that have already contacted me for better replacements. So, for a couple of dollars more, you can have a quality sensor.

Knowing what it costs, if I was selling that same sensor, it would be for about $45. That is about what it is worth.

Sorry for being so blunt.

Regards and Happy Holidays!

Patrick

Love the E-Mails I get from you!!! Welcome to the friendliest and most informative board on the net, SCUBA or otherwise!!!. I hope you make as many friends and learn as much as I have here! Glad to have you aboard!!!

You mean I put on my fire retardant underwear for nothing? Thanks for the warm reception ... no pun intended.:jester:

Patick

DiveTek, located in Australia, will soon introduce it's range of Oxygen Analysers onto the US market.

The OzAnalyser One and the OzAnalyser two can be viewed at;

www.divetekoz.com

The good thing about buying from DiveTek is....the Aussie dollar is half the value of the greenback !!!!

That means you save HEAPS......

Drop Daryl at DiveTek a line to ask more about the OzAnalysers.

I'm in the market for an O2 analyzer, and was wondering if anyone can
recommend one (or recommend staying away from others)?

Obviously, accuracy is paramount, and I'd like to go with something
of reasonably high quality so the sensors last awhile.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom