Diving Tips from watching Thunderball

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are a few lessons I learned from watching Thrunderball, made in 1965.

1. The best way to meet foxy chicks when snorkeling is to wait until they get their foot caught in the coral, and then rescue them.

2. The best pickup line once you have rescued a hot babe is, "You swim like a man".

3. The best way to approach a shark encounter is to shoot one shark, to keep the others distracted.

4. The best way to get around when snorkeling is to hitch a ride on a trutle.

5. The best way to prevent a shark from harassing you when diving is to shoot it with your spear gun.

6. Good guys wear white tanks and red exposure suits. Bad guys wear black tanks and black expsosure suits. When one encounters someone in a black wetsuit with black tanks, shoot them with a spear gun.

7. BCD's and weights are not needed when diving off a helicopter, and wearing a white tank.

8. Making love underwater is entirely possible, but creates a LOT of bubbles, and scares the fish.

9. Always carry a huge knife on the leg, and a speargun in the event any divers wearing black wetsuits with black tanks are encountered. See #6.

10. Pen sized devices that replace the tank and regulator are highly desirable, and will save your life on numerious occasions.

11. If you have your mask ripped off you face by a bad guy, grab another mask off the dead guy that is found nearest to your location.

RonFrank:
Here are a few lessons I learned from watching Thrunderball, made in 1965.

1. The best way to meet foxy chicks when snorkeling is to wait until they get their foot caught in the coral, and then rescue them.

2. The best pickup line once you have rescued a hot babe is, "You swim like a man".

3. The best way to approach a shark encounter is to shoot one shark, to keep the others distracted.

4. The best way to get around when snorkeling is to hitch a ride on a trutle.

5. The best way to prevent a shark from harassing you when diving is to shoot it with your spear gun.

6. Good guys wear white tanks and red exposure suits. Bad guys wear black tanks and black expsosure suits. When one encounters someone in a black wetsuit with black tanks, shoot them with a spear gun.

7. BCD's and weights are not needed when diving off a helicopter, and wearing a white tank.

8. Making love underwater is entirely possible, but creates a LOT of bubbles, and scares the fish.

9. Always carry a huge knife on the leg, and a speargun in the event any divers wearing black wetsuits with black tanks are encountered. See #6.

10. Pen sized devices that replace the tank and regulator are highly desirable, and will save your life on numerious occasions.

11. If you have your mask ripped off you face by a bad guy, grab another mask off the dead guy that is found nearest to your location.
I hear PADI is coming out with a "007 Diving" specialty course.
C-Dawg

LMAO!
I beleive Al Giddings shot a lot of those underwater sequences :D

Vt . . .

Be careful !!!! The power of suggestion is quite real!

the K

Oh, about the B/C's . . . we didn't have them back then.

the K (note the ancient age wrinkles in the skin in the avatar)

Wow... does that mean that DIR folks are really bad?

By the way, in 1965 we didn't use BCD's (at least the majority of divers I knew), but weight belts were in use.

The red exposure suits kinda works for me!
ball5.jpg

In all of my years of diving, I have NEVER seen any thing like that on a shore or boat dive !!!

And now, in my declining years, it wouldn't do any good if I did . . . just fog up my mask!!!

Alas . . . . .

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom