GUE Crooks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE can sue him for libel.

They know this board is here, I suspect.

I've dealt with Halcyon and EE and have had no trouble with either. In fact, they've done an outstanding job for me.

But Halcyon and EE are not GUE. I bought a copy of their "fundamentals" book and it arrived promptly - that's the extent of my direct knowledge of their business enterprise.

This complaint, however, is pretty specific. Multiple messages and voicemails left, no response - and no product.

How hard is it to pick up the phone and talk to people? Is it THAT difficult?

I ordered 2 books from GUE. Received the online .pdf book within 1 day, the other book was received approximately 5 days later. Excellent service. I find the books well written, cogent, and meaningful, and reasonably priced...RECOMMENDED!

It has now been over a month since Lucid first ordered his books, and two weeks since his original post. Does anyone know if he has gotten either his books or a response yet?

Lucid, if you see this, how about an update?

I'm not here to defend poor customer service...if someone promises to call you back and doesn't -- that is not acceptable.

BUT...to entitle the thread "GUE Crooks".....perhaps you are overreacting just a teeny-tiny bit......

Next thing you know, mighty defender of the oppressed scuba consumer masses Genesis will start an anti-GUE petition ;-)

This is funny. I am the customer from @@@@@ and I should be sued. Man you guys need to chill.

They shipped my books to my billing address instead of my home address. This was their messup not mine. And the fact that it took 3 weeks to get my books wasn't the problem. I had a problem with a company taking my money and then ignoring all of my attempts to contact them. I later found out that GUE replaced the person that was handling the orders and the new person was playing catchup. I was told the other person was replaced because she was unable to get the orders out in a timely manner. So I wasn't the only person that was having problems. I called GUE several times and was told by someone that the person in charge of shipping would call me back. They never did. Why didn't the person I spoke to tell me that the new person was backlogged and it may be a while until I hear from them?

And someone mentioned that I had a problem with a different order. Your right, I did. And I took responsibility for it and worked with the shipper. Things tend to get worked out when both parties are willing. Things don't get worked out when companies have bad business practices; ie. Dont answer phones, dont respond to emails, dont return messages.

I will admit that calling them 'GUE Crooks' was a little much. I am taking DIRf next weekend so I obviously still wish to do business with them. I was simply sick of the run around. So please quit losing sleep over it. I don't think they are crooks. They just need to work on their customer service.

the person responsible then I'd say that the issue is closed and management responsive - perhaps not lightning-fast, but responsive.

Good show.

I ordered 2 books, one PDF which I got the same day. The other was the Fundementals book which I got in about 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom