Tall Tale, Big Talker or Just Plain Lucky ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He obviously suffered drain bamage from that incident...

Jimmer:
Not to mention 30 minutes between 165 and 240, no way would an emergency ascent saved his life, it would have made things much worse. Total BS.

Maybe thats what the repeat dive was for. To go back down and do his deco :D

I had a guy I worked with a few months ago tell me that he used to dive Nitrox, then asked me if I knew what Nitrox was. I acted dumb and said no, so he went on this 10 minute story about how its this gas mix that lets him dive up to 300' deep.

Of course I just acted "interested" and went back to work silently laughing to my self

dhampton82:
Maybe thats what the repeat dive was for. To go back down and do his deco :D

I had a guy I worked with a few months ago tell me that he used to dive Nitrox, then asked me if I knew what Nitrox was. I acted dumb and said no, so he went on this 10 minute story about how its this gas mix that lets him dive up to 300' deep.

Of course I just acted "interested" and went back to work silently laughing to my self

It amazes me how often I do talk to divers that are totally convinced that Nitrox is for going deeper. No matter how much you explain to them the science and reasons for it, they are brainwashed for some reason to believe it's for deep diving. That must be the single biggest myth about Nitrox. Either that or they just don't have a clue and made up the most impressive sounding answer they could think of lol.

rbolander:
I love how every post you make includes these fantastically informative tidbits of information, which are, CLEARLY, based on your many years of diving experience.
Right, except for that I have no more than three years of diving experience but in very different conditions (lakes, sea, pool, warm, cold, surf, current, bad vis, boat, zodiac, shore dive, shallow, deep and very deep, wreck, cave, night dives, assists and being assisted...) and with different equipment.

rbolander:
I love how every post you make includes these fantastically informative tidbits of information, which are, CLEARLY, based on your many years of diving experience.

And you are basing your opinion on how many years of experience?

kidspot:
As I was listening to him my first thought was ... "how can you be doing 165+ft dives and NOT be completely comfortable recovering your regulator?"

Living on Maui you should see this all the time. You tell us.

Maybe he was Narced and that's how he remembered it.

DAve

mislav:
Right, except for that I have no more than three years of diving experience but in very different conditions (lakes, sea, pool, warm, cold, surf, current, bad vis, boat, zodiac, shore dive, shallow, deep and very deep, wreck, cave, night dives, assists and being assisted...) and with different equipment.

You are saying you did all of that in 50 over dive?:11:
What is the average dives per experience..

mislav:

POOL?!? POOL?!?

Dude, I liked your previous post in this thread, but nobody should ever post "pool" as experience. Unless you're logging numbers for DM or something in which case taking a bath counts for most agencies.

IceIce:
You are saying you did all of that in 50 over dive?:11:
What is the average dives per experience..
Yes, over 50, still less than 100 though. Don't remember the exact number, don't feel like going for my logbook and I hope I'm not the issue here. I have the experience and speak from it. Also helps to have some much better divers than myself for friends and dive buddies.

nadwidny:
POOL?!? POOL?!?

Dude, I liked your previous post in this thread, but nobody should ever post "pool" as experience. Unless you're logging numbers for DM or something in which case taking a bath counts for most agencies.
LOL! I never logged pool dives, they're for skill practice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom