Tall Tale, Big Talker or Just Plain Lucky ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob:
I had been diving for 25 years or so, and decided to get my AOW. The first night of class, our very young instructor starts telling the class about the dangers of nitrogen narcosis. Everyone has heard this old story, this instructor was diving on the reef at 100fsw and lost his buddy, so he starts looking for him, spots some bubbles, finds his buddy "narced out of his mind", buddy breathing with a barracuda. Of course, our instructor was the hero saving his buddy from a fate worse than death:wink: When this guy finished telling this story, I got up and started out of the room. The instructor says "Where are you going, class has just started" I said, "To find an instructor who isn't full of BS", which is exactly what I think this gentleman's story is, pure BS. :palmtree: Bob

I think that story about BS is BS :wink:

SNorman:
I think that story about BS is BS :wink:

Yep, you nailed me! I should have known I couldn't get that story by a guy with your depth of experience.:D :palmtree: Bob

Diver Dennis:
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I see a lot of these "Superdivers" in my travels. That's why I usually dive solo...:wink:

Hey Dennis,
The Superdivers call it a Controlled Emergency Screaming Ascent,
:dropmouth

:d :d :d...

Bob:
Yep, you nailed me! I should have known I couldn't get that story by a guy with your depth of experience.:D :palmtree: Bob

I may only have a few logged dives but I think freediving the Andrea Doria in swim trunks (twice) has really boosted my skill level.

NWGratefulDiver:
The other thing to keep in mind is that tales tend to grow with age ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:confused: I don't have a tale!?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom