Scubaboard Live Chat Room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've hosted scuba diving chat rooms on MSN Chat in the past, and I could start a new one if there is enough interest in it. I'm not particularly fond of sitting there all by myself, as I have done on many nights in these rooms. I was a member of one on MSN not long ago, but they've made it private and gotten pretty draconian with it, so I can't access it anymore.

I could always call the new room Scubaboard Chat, to facilitate ease of searching for it. It would be in the Sports and Recreation section of MSN Chat.

Let me know what you think...

There are many chat programs out there and I believe anyone using win 98, me,nt, and 2000 all have a chat program built into your OS. All you have to do is create a chat room on one of Dozens of servers for that purpose and invite folks from the board to the room.
A live chat room would take too much away from this BB in my opinion. Also you will only hear the opinions of others that are on the same time schedule as yourself. If you are anything like me....if you are going to piss folks off...you want to do it in ALL time zones.
When I was a chat host for MSN there was a huge problem making sure all time slots were covered to have the chat rooms hosted 24/7. We want Scuba Board to be fun for all. Not a Require scheduled appearance.

Well, I will say this much, there are many PRO's to a live chat session but MORE PRO's in a ARCHIVABLE and SEARCHABLE forum like these. Not to mention the awesome bandwith and HIGH cost that come with LIVE chat.

Sure, you can use the free services, but you get what you pay for. Believe me I know a lot about them. I got my heavy starting on them. It is also how I met the likes of Tech Admin and many other long time friends and such. I use to SOP/CO-OWN for some of the largest channels (#California) and even originally founded a few that live on (#HTML).

But I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've had to answer the SAME question 1,400 times a day - EVERY DAY!

So, if you REALLY want to use something for HELP answering a question, then something searchable like this is superiour - without question.

KN

=-)

Back
Top Bottom