Changing to dry clothes after a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellfish

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm trying to find some way to preserve my modesty when changing to dry clothes after a lake dive when there's nothing resembling a changing room in sight. What do you do?

Hee Hee. Most of the folks up here, both boys and girls are not very modest, and change under a towel wrapped around them. Car doors, thick bushes etc seem to be enough. 'Course, many of our dive weekends end up with several people swimmin neked in the moonlight anyway, so the hiding to change thing becomes less and less important. A simple (if not economical solution would be to get a drysuit :) ......or a camper).

Wetvet

what a visual Uncle Pug!!!:D

I'm reminded of what a Hawaiin woman said once at the hula show. She was talking about the muumuu's(sp?). She said,"he one notable thing about a muumuu was that it covered everything but touched nothing"

So with that thought in mind, my suggestion is that you acquire a muumuu and use it along the lines of Uncle Pugs sombrero with the fabric hanging from it:)

Ooops!! Maybe I should have patented that idea and sold through LDS's at a very high mark up:wink:

I recall seeing I guess it was essentially a poncho with no arm holes and longer than normal. It allowed the changing of bottoms easily.

I thought everyone new how to change a top without ever showing any skin.

TwoBit

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
... a really big one... ringed with five or so feet of lightweight but opaque fabric.

I once saw what looked like a very cool and very easy home project. Basically, it was a "portable changing room" that consisted of a frame of PVC piping and a shower curtain. The guy had constructed a three-sided dressing room...backed it against the hatchback of his SUV...changed...and put his changing room back into the car.

Yet another reason to get a drysuit :)

Andy

Hehe, anyway when i was diving wet it was just a towel and the car door as a sceen. Or in the cab of the truck.

sleep shirt that I put on after I have dried off. Using my arms under the shirt, I take off the top, bottoms and replace them with bra and underwear. Then I put on shorts/pants etc, while still wearing the big sleep shirt, and then I take off the sleep shirt, which can be held modestly (somewhat) in front, and I put on my shirt.

WHEW. That's a lot of steps to describe!! But that's usually what I do if there are lots of people around, and not a private place to change.

If I don't feel that uncomfortable, like when I am around other ladies in the gym's locker room, I just use a towel, and I don't care too much about body parts being shown, if they do. LOL

How do you do this?

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
I thought everyone new how to change a top without ever showing any skin.

TwoBit

I have used my dive parka as "cover" to change out of a bathing suit and into dry clothes. It's something I nearly always bring along on every dive, even in the summertime, so it's always on hand.

I'm a BIG fan of dry undies after a day of diving (especially with a 3-hour drive home from dive sites!), so I understand the need for developing your own technique for putting 'em on! :)

J

Back
Top Bottom