Wrinkles April '07 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put me down for fruits, chips, and dips on Saturday. I havent decided if I'll dive yet or not...we surveyed Leo last weekend, more of the same on the 8th, so I may be burned out on that spot. On the other hand, we may be finishing the survey on the 14th anyway! Regardless, I'm going for the surface interval. And the ladies :eyebrow:

I will make this trip...looking forward to getting wet again....havent been since the last Wrinkles dive and yes I know its my own fault. I will be camping too... so whats the deal with reserving a site...want me to reserve one spot and then we can go three ways.

wrinkles:
so whats the deal with reserving a site...want me to reserve one spot and then we can go three ways.
That sounds great!

Christian

I just checked on Reserve America and the campground is full. (full for the August dates as well.)

So any thoughts? day use area / alternate locations? Remember this is part of spring break week/s.

Hey...I just found this thread! For some unknown reason I was under the impression that the "Wrinkles" dives were always down in OC, so I never even looked at this. But Leo Carrillo is our closest dive site so...yeah...I'd like to go!

I just went back and re-read the first post, so I can see what you still need for the barbecue. You can put me down for a side dish -- I'll make my famous home-made potato salad. I'll also bring some mayo for the burgers (I happen to be one of those weird people who likes mayo on my burgers...please don't laugh at me and call me a dork).

We're diving Leo Carrillo tomorrow morning...I'll have a full report later. It'll be my first time getting wet in a MONTH. Ouch!

Editing to add: I just saw that the campground is full...there are other camping areas nearby that may have openings. If not, Leo Carrillo does have a great day-use area...

Leejnd:
Editing to add: I just saw that the campground is full...there are other camping areas nearby that may have openings. If not, Leo Carrillo does have a great day-use area...
LeeAnne,

What do you know about their day use area?

If it's a first come first serve thing, maybe we should just stay at Leo. I can get there at about 7am to make sure we're first in line. Do they have picnic tables, etc. at the day use area?

If you're not sure, would you mind checking the possibilities out when you are there tomorrow?

Oh...and about the Wrinkles Dives... They rotate every month from San Diego, to Orange County, to Catalina Island, to L.A. County and then start over. It's always a whole lot of fun and very rarely any drama to plan like we're having this month. :wink:

Christian

Leo really has great day-use facilities. Yes, it's first-come-first-served. I used to have my daughter's birthday parties there every year, since it's in the summer. Plenty of picnic tables, clean bathrooms. Plenty of parking, right there at the picnic tables. No food vendor, but we don't need it.

We'll be there in the morning, I'll scope it out and see if I see a spot that would be best. I can then direct you to it.

We can get there pretty early next Saturday too, since it's only 20 min. away from us. So I'll be happy to help you set up.

Leejnd:
Leo really has great day-use facilities. Yes, it's first-come-first-served. I used to have my daughter's birthday parties there every year, since it's in the summer. Plenty of picnic tables, clean bathrooms. Plenty of parking, right there at the picnic tables. No food vendor, but we don't need it.

We'll be there in the morning, I'll scope it out and see if I see a spot that would be best. I can then direct you to it.

We can get there pretty early next Saturday too, since it's only 20 min. away from us. So I'll be happy to help you set up.
Excellent! I've deleted my post asking for ideas and I'll just change the first post to reflect that this will be a one day event just like we usually do.

If it goes well, we'll do the same for August. However, if we keep trying for a campground in August starting now then there may be a cancellation we can take advantage of.

It would be really helpful if we could find a spot where we can hang the 8 X 3-foot ScubaBoard banner, so that we're easy to find. If you can let me know exactly what the best spot will be for us, then I can be sure to grab that first thing in the morning on Saturday. I think they are numbered, but I may be wrong.

I'll PM you my home phone, so that you can call me if you want to.

Thanks!

Christian

Hey no prob, glad I can help out at my first Wrinkles event! I'll do a full scope-age tomorrow. :)

Since there are no more campsites available, we will now be planning to go to Leo Carrillo on Saturday only.

I've updated the first 2 posts to reflect that and removed items from the list that were more camping oriented.

It's going to be fun!

Christian

Back
Top Bottom