can we use VR3 for recreational dives..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The VR3 makes a wonderful "recreational" dive computer... :D

You can play breakout, trivia, and other games on your deco stops. :wink:

Well I have a VR3 running full CCR Trimix and it never misses a dive.

If it is just a shallow OC shore dive or a deep CCR dive it is always strapped on my right wrist. The Only computer you will ever need :wink:

Cheers
Chriso

I would love to be able to afford a VR3 to take on a recreational dive...

I guess my question is why are you retiring your Pro Plus 2? It's a great computer and if it works why get rid of it?

Most people upgrade because of a dive need change (air to nitrox, nitrox to tri-mix, etc..), if you're still only doing normal non-deco (or deco, doesnt matter) and only using air/nitrox why get rid of the comp?

If you're used to the huge display of the pro plus 2, i wouldn't go with the atom 2, I'd go with the VT3, it's a nicer compromise.

String:
My suggestion, buy a normal cheap wrist mounted computer now, maybe a vytec if you want 2 gas. If you ever decide to get more technically inclined then you'll need a backup computer anyway so you can use the wrist one without losing anything.

I've never understood how a Vytec (for example) can backup a VR3 (for example).

Seems to me that if you want a backup, it should be of the same variety as your primary (or at the very least employ the same algorithm).

Blackwood:
Seems to me that if you want a backup, it should be of the same variety as your primary (or at the very least employ the same algorithm).

We back up our computers with tables all the time. How close is that algorithm?

I am in the same boat. I have My nitrox and am going to get my trimix. I dont want to purchase another computer if I dont get the VR3

PerroneFord:
We back up our computers with tables all the time. How close is that algorithm?

I don't necessarily agree with that either.

I've always had a 'pick one and use it' mentality.

Blackwood:
I don't necessarily agree with that either.

I've always had a 'pick one and use it' mentality.

Well, that is undertstandable.

Back
Top Bottom