Orange BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
Actually the ones hanging there are for retail sale... we also have another 50 back by our pool, but you can't see those from the cam. That's why we can offer them at such a great deal... we bought up about 500 of 'em. And that was after they brought some down so we could test them out and make sure we liked them.

It is a real nice bc for the money... especially if orange is your thing!

Any comment on the above posting about the weight pockets? How are they secured and released? And why is your webcam in japanese :confused:

Weight pockets are released by a lanyard-esque loop that you pull down and it releases the velcro patch at the top, thus sending your weights to the briny deep. :D

I did my OW at ScubaToys and used this BC - its actually really nice and fit me off the rack (some would consider me a bit - zaftig). Had I not ended up buying a back inflate, this is what I would have gone with. The ONLY thing I noticed was that the pockets (regular, not weight) are velcro flapped tops, so unless you close them properly, it seemed there was a slight chance of losing the contents at some point. Then again, I was probably just using them wrong.

So, in summation - good cuts for a great possible fit and pockets you have to be a little careful with.

J

Looks like he beat me to it... Yes, industrial velcro flaps - but they are very secure. And as far as the Japenese web cam thing... I see that on Macs and the new vista... The web server is built into the Sony Camera - and it tries to determine the proper language to serve up... but it's not always right.

I own one, I got mine from ScubaToys and so far of all the BC I have tried, this is one of the most comfortable one and in real it looks lot better, if you would like let me know and I can take picture of mine and email it to you. Let me know fast as I am leaving for FL keys on Wed.
It is very simple and straight forward BC, no fancy weight pockets - worst case if you have to ditch weight then you just lose is the lead block thats it.
Ample pockets, very light, has 2 straps to hold tank instead of one. I live in Dallas and I tried on other BC in the store and even from expensive one this was the most comfortable fit. Also it has removable bladder incase there is leak or puncture in your bladder all you got to replace bladder.

i still say we need to convince Joe and Larry to open an East Coast Scuba Toys location......say, somewhere in the Annapolis/Baltimore area of Maryland :wink: customer service and prices like theirs is hard to beat!!

Bill

ScubaToys - im on a MacBook - never seen that problem - but it is interesting..when are yall modeling the BCD for me?

Harshal - Thanks, thats very helpful - picture(s) would be great!

I think Im going to pick up this BCD ASAP..if only my Diver Direct gift cards were good at Scuba Toys...grr..

NitroWill (@) NitroForumZ (.) com

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom