Three dives in one day against the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tirana:
I didn't take it as a personal attack, but as attack on club where you are for not even 2 months, and you know a few people. First time when you were on diving with us there was a lot of beginners, so I suppose that your conclusion was on that base.. But belive me I didn't take it as personal attack.
Shouldn't have taken it as an attack on a club - it's not. I've said it before and I'll say it one more time - this thread is about whether there is such a thing as a two dives per day limit in CMAS. Nothing more.
Tirana:
70m is not 'deep air', it's out of limits. Do you maybe know the limit where oxygen becomes toxic? But it's irrelevant now...
Oxygen toxicity depends on both depth and time. Of course I know the limits. Not just one but the right one - depending on the mix I use. If you've checked the link I provided you'd see it's something people do. Why do you simply fail to recognize any knowledge outside of the club is beyond my comprehension.
Tirana:
We do have the equipment and compressor supports - I think that this also proves how well you know the situation in the club.. We have few compressors and T-mix. Also, this weekend some of our members are going to dive Trimix in few caves.
Ok then, why not answer my question then? How many active Nitrox divers are there?
Tirana:
First - Trimix is irrelevant, but I mentioned it because you said that nobody from the club don't practice it.
Never said no one dives Trimix in your club. Check my previous posts. I know some do. I just don't think it makes any relevance to the topic of this thread.
Tirana:
Mislav, I don't have (or I didn't) have a will to insult you, but your attitude is very strange - most of this conversation we could have in club and talk about everything. It's interesting that you don't even know us and you already judge that we don't have a clue about anything (you didn't say it directly, but when I read everything you wrote, this is the context, for sure).
On several instances I have made a disclaimer that I have as much respect for CMAS as I do for other agencies. I've also said that there are some good divers in this club. But, let's face it - there's a lot of room for improvement in your club, too.

Everything I've said here I have also said directly to the club members. There's no talking behind anyone's back from my side.

I was informed of CMAS having a strict no third dive in the day rule. Then I asked to be provided with proof that such a rule truly exists. It occurred to me then that people on SB might know the answer so I posted my question in here. Then I show up for the meeting at the club and no one says anything, but when I leave a new rulebook pops up in my mailbox with that same 2 dives limit. I find that funny and post it here. Then someone from the club I don't know comes over here with guns blazing throwing DAN report and CMAS tables at me. I teach that person a lesson. Then you enter...

Couldn't you simply leave it alone? This thread has served its purpose - we've established that CMAS doesn't have a two dives per day limit. The club as of recently does. I will disagree with that rule but if the club wishes to enforce it - it is its right to do so. I still think it's a silly rule. That's all there is to it.
Tirana:
See you TMW? :D
Of course, as usual.

cancun mark:
Mislav, I think you need to do some research on the board regarding deep air diving and how attitudes have changed towards it in the last five to ten years. Otherwise you are asking to get flamed, not by me, I am happy to discuss it with you, but sure as eggs are eggs, a whole load of fundimentalists will pounce on you.

Deep air is the reason for the tomb stones on the cliff in the cove just north of Dahab. It is just not seen as safe anymore, more like a loaded gun in fact, I am not saying it cant be done, I have in fact dived air to far in excess of your stated max depth and survived, but that was before we knew better.

Now we know better as we have learned from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.
I know what you mean and I agree Mark. Although I refer to the name of the course "Deep Air" as that's what PSAI people call it when speaking casually - it's official name is "Narcosis Management" and that's what it's all about: Recognizing and managing the effects of nitrogen narcosis at depth. It's a great course!

I don't promote diving deep on air as being the right way to go, but I do plan to finish this course once my friend/instructor becomes available for it again.

As it is, currently I mostly dive EAN32-36. For deeper dives, or when EAN32-36 isn't available I use EAN21 mix. :D Next year to be replaced by Trimix in doubles.

Could we not go off topic anymore, please? :wink:

mislav:
Next year to be replaced by Trimix in doubles.

A-HA! So you too feel the lure of the dark side, my young PADIwan... :D

BTW, what narcosis management? You go shallower, and that's about all you can manage there, IMO and as far as I remember from my experience. I am not familiar with the contents of that course though, but it just seems like an excuse to dive deep on air and not get flamed for doing so nowadays. :wink:

evil_xander:
A-HA! So you too feel the lure of the dark side, my young PADIwan... :D
You know all too well that deep inside I'm actually DIR. Did you really think that we were diving in triads by pure coincidence? :D
evil_xander:
BTW, what narcosis management? You go shallower, and that's about all you can manage there, IMO and as far as I remember from my experience. I am not familiar with the contents of that course though, but it just seems like an excuse to dive deep on air and not get flamed for doing so nowadays. :wink:
It's much more complicated than that. PM sent with the details of the course.

I find that funny and post it here. Then someone from the club I don't know comes over here with guns blazing throwing DAN report and CMAS tables at me. I teach that person a lesson. Then you enter...

[/quote]

so u really think u tought me a lesson?
I just think its futile to discuss things with u..
:14:
Enjoy you summer..My buddy and I are going diving...not deeper than 40 m and not more than 2 dives per day:14:

this is redickulous. i have been diving for over 14 years with over 3000 dives under my belt . i work diving and have done 4 and 5 dives a day for a period of 100 days during my sea urchin diving season. im still here and have never been bent. you play by the rules and its up to you how many dives you make in a day. i put in over 400 tanks in a season not counting my scallop diving and recreational in a year. if i happen to pick up some work in the summer then its even more.

dont like it, go dive with someone else

end this, club is this way, rules are clear!
find other club and all will be well
yo!

I wonder how many more of you will crawl out of your holes and post here anonymously? Yet, after all your efforts - none of you can dispute a single point I make?

What's more pathetic, none of you have any decency to say anything to my face when I show up for the meeting.

Regarding your anonymity - aren't you the guy that needs to be handed his weights because he keeps forgetting to put them on before entering the water? The same guy who greeted me cordially when I showed up? Isn't there such a thing as a pre-dive check in your club? I think there should be - after al, your club is all about safety... perhaps you should put that in a next revision of your rulebook! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom