Three dives in one day against the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once did four 100 ft. SCUBA dives in a day during a coral reef damage survey and on air in pre-nitrox days on US Navy dive tables, sigh. You can do it, might get away with it but I don't recommend it. Wouldn't do it today, not on air or without an O2 safety stop. For no deco diving at far shallower depths, pick your deco algorithm, watch your depth, surface intervals and good luck.

mislav:
Agreed, Nereas - I also promote diving on Nitrox on every occasion possible. In fact - I've done 5 Nitrox dives this last weekend. Outside of that club of course, they don't dive Nitrox...

With an increasing number of dive centers offering free EAN fills I see Nitrox diving as the future of rec diving. Voodoo gas is going mainstream. :)

@pakman: I didn't expect PPD inquisition in here! :rofl3:

Dear Mislav,

considering your criticism of people in your club - club diving is quite different than commercial diving in centers, so in our club we are trying to learn people to dive, so yes- there are some people who are still learning (remember that you were also begginer 2 years ago, and I'm sure that you still have something to learn - actually a lot, as we all)..

Regarding your statement that you obeying rules - I'm interested which diving 'rule' allow you to dive on 70m (AIR in Egipt) ???.

AND, dear Mislav, It's not true that nobody in your club don't dive Nitrox, you have a few Nitrox instrustors there, and 4 Trimix 100 divers (if you didn't know) also..

And tell me please, who told you that you are 'super' :rofl3: diver? if it's not a secret

Sylvain:
Correct me if I am wrong but all agency that I have work for NAUI PADI ACUC req you to have 100% on dive table during the exam??????
Empircally, the answer is "no".

I had a student show up to a Padi Nitrox course within a month or so of their OW class.

Couldn't use a table for nothing, so I enquired how they got through their OW class.

They said it was a two-day deal and they were a little rushed and never really figured it out. So I asked how they passed their exam questions in this area.

The answer was they got them pretty much all wrong,...............but you know how that goes..............you go over the missed questions with the student, have them wobble their heads that they understand where their mistakes were made, and of course they've got it figured out now, right?...............<wobble your head in agreement here>..........and bob's your uncle.

Unfortunately for me, I was Bob, and my nephew needed 3-4 hours of table review (as long as the nitrox class itself!) to get it sorted out.

It was a tough day at the office that day :crafty:

lol. Padi is more than happy with this so I am told. Of course I know this is how this particular shop does things all the time, but they're a high-volume jobby and are probably in the good books for that alone.

If what I am reading about CMAS is true (or has it now been determined it's just his club?), that is hilarious stuff. No wonder they get nothing done.

EDIT: some spellin'

Tirana:
Dear Mislav,

considering your criticism of people in your club - club diving is quite different than commercial diving in centers, so in our club we are trying to learn people to dive...

As it seems that a group of the same club members is slowly forming here, I feel it would be appropriate for both you and Jasminka to fill in your dive profile, as Mislav has. Everybody that has an opinion willing to back it up in real life has also done this. :14:

I must say that I have dived with Mislav and will continue to do so in the future whenever the opportunity arises.

On the other hand I do understand the legal liability that the club bears, so there has to be a line drawn somewhere in the middle. And, it usually does affect those that are on a higher level of knowledge/skill, but that's how things work. Take it or leave it. I'd leave. :wink:

Tirana:
Dear Mislav,

considering your criticism of people in your club -
Anonymous first time poster? Welcome to ScubaBoard! Please fill in your profile and introduce yourself properly in 'Introductions and Greetings' forum. :D

As I said before, I believe some people in that club dive quite well. The subject of this thread has nothing to do with how well anyone dives, but whether CMAS has a rule against three dives in a day. Anything else is off topic to this thread. You seem to be making a big effort into turning it into a personal attack. Why?

Tirana:
club diving is quite different than commercial diving in centers,
In some ways it is, then again in some ways it is not. Having seen (and been diving with) a well organized diving club with knowledgeable instructors (both PADI and CMAS) I do know what I can expect from such diving. What is there to learn in your club except booing your PADI and SSI members?

Set a positive example and I will convert to your religion. As it is, you won't be catching me drinking your Kool-Aid ever.

Tirana:
so in our club we are trying to learn people to dive,
Then you shouldn't have problems with what I'm doing - helping you do the same thing. As you can see a few posts back they can learn something from a PADI diver that's even presented to them within CMAS standards.

Tirana:
so yes- there are some people who are still learning (remember that you were also begginer 2 years ago, and I'm sure that you still have something to learn - actually a lot, as we all)..
Agreed. Did I say otherwise? I don't have problems with new divers willing to learn. I help them. Always.

Tirana:
Regarding your statement that you obeying rules - I'm interested which diving 'rule' allow you to dive on 70m (AIR in Egipt) ???.
This is completely off topic. As I've said, I dive within limits of my knowledge and experience and let common sense guide me. But, since you ask:

Rec diving in Egypt is limited to 40 meters unless for training purposes. On my 70m dive I was in company of a good friend of mine, PADI MSDT level Instructor and PSAI Instructor. It was a part of my PSAI Deep Air course. I haven't finished that course yet which is why I don't brag about it or have it listed in my profile.

Tirana:
AND, dear Mislav, It's not true that nobody in your club don't dive Nitrox, you have a few Nitrox instrustors there, and 4 Trimix 100 divers (if you didn't know) also..
Ok, when was the last time you or anyone from your club was diving on Nitrox? You don't have any EAN supplies, neither your compressor supports EAN fills. I dive Nitrox on every occasion possible. Would I have an option of diving Nitrox within your club? What experience with it do your divers have? I wouldn't call myself a Nitrox diver if I've only been certified to use it and never dived an EAN mix again. Or ever? So, how many ACTIVE Nitrox divers do you have?

Trimix is completely irrelevant to this discussion. It doesn't belong in rec diving category. If I wanted to dive Trimix on my dives, I would do so with my Tecchie or DIR friends, not join your club.

Tirana:
And tell me please, who told you that you are 'super' :rofl3: diver? if it's not a secret
This would have been a genuine question were it not for that smiley. As it is - it is a pathetic, anonymous attempt of an insult. I'll answer anyway...

Several people have already told me this. People I dove with before. I don't think of myself being 'super' as I'm aware of my limitations but in correlation to the standard of diving I've seen in your club - indeed I am a 'super' diver.

Person that has told me this from your club is the same person who told me about "2 dives per day in CMAS" limit. There were others too. I don't have permission to reveal any names so I won't. Especially not to anonymous 1st time posters flaming me on this board.

But I'm glad you guys are here. I love this place. There are many great people here and one can learn a lot from other posters. Even you may actually learn something. Some members hopefully already have - things like how to use dive tables.

evil_xander:
I must say that I have dived with Mislav and will continue to do so in the future whenever the opportunity arises.
Thanks Xander.

And vice versa, especially now that we have finally found that dive bell! :D

enjoyingthesun:
One interesting fact is that, while we used to teach CMAS, the certification issued was always PADI. Sometimes the PICs were signed by an instructor who never even saw the students.

This is wrong on so many levels. PADI instructors have een expelled for doing this.

Tirana:

I think he will forever regret mentioning that dive.

mislav:
Anonymous first time poster? Welcome to ScubaBoard! Please fill in your profile and introduce yourself properly in 'Introductions and Greetings' forum. :D

Thanx!

As I said before, I believe some people in that club dive quite well. The subject of this thread has nothing to do with how well anyone dives, but whether CMAS has a rule against three dives in a day. Anything else is off topic to this thread. You seem to be making a big effort into turning it into a personal attack. Why?

I didn't take it as a personal attack, but as attack on club where you are for not even 2 months, and you know a few people. First time when you were on diving with us there was a lot of beginners, so I suppose that your conclusion was on that base.. But belive me I didn't take it as personal attack.

This is completely off topic. As I've said, I dive within limits of my knowledge and experience and let common sense guide me. But, since you ask:

Rec diving in Egypt is limited to 40 meters unless for training purposes. On my 70m dive I was in company of a good friend of mine, PADI MSDT level Instructor and PSAI Instructor. It was a part of my PSAI Deep Air course. I haven't finished that course yet which is why I don't brag about it or have it listed in my profile.

70m is not 'deep air', it's out of limits. Do you maybe know the limit where oxygen becomes toxic? But it's irrelevant now...

Ok, when was the last time you or anyone from your club was diving on Nitrox? You don't have any EAN supplies, neither your compressor supports EAN fills. I dive Nitrox on every occasion possible. Would I have an option of diving Nitrox within your club? What experience with it do your divers have? I wouldn't call myself a Nitrox diver if I've only been certified to use it and never dived an EAN mix again. Or ever? So, how many ACTIVE Nitrox divers do you have?

We do have the equipment and compressor supports - I think that this also proves how well you know the situation in the club.. We have few compressors and T-mix. Also, this weekend some of our members are going to dive Trimix in few caves.

Trimix is completely irrelevant to this discussion. It doesn't belong in rec diving category. If I wanted to dive Trimix on my dives, I would do so with my Tecchie or DIR friends, not join your club.

First - Trimix is irrelevant, but I mentioned it because you said that nobody from the club don't practice it.

This would have been a genuine question were it not for that smiley. As it is - it is a pathetic, anonymous attempt of an insult.

Mislav, I don't have (or I didn't) have a will to insult you, but your attitude is very strange - most of this conversation we could have in club and talk about everything. It's interesting that you don't even know us and you already judge that we don't have a clue about anything (you didn't say it directly, but when I read everything you wrote, this is the context, for sure).

See you TMW? :D

cancun mark:
I think he will forever regret mentioning that dive.
LOL! Actually, although this was my deepest dive - that's far from being the only deep dive I've made. The second deepest is only 3 meters short of that one. But, that's a whole new story. :D

mislav:
LOL! Actually, although this was my deepest dive - that's far from being the only deep dive I've made. The second deepest is only 3 meters short of that one. But, that's a whole new story. :D

Mislav, I think you need to do some research on the board regarding deep air diving and how attitudes have changed towards it in the last five to ten years. Otherwise you are asking to get flamed, not by me, I am happy to discuss it with you, but sure as eggs are eggs, a whole load of fundimentalists will pounce on you.

Deep air is the reason for the tomb stones on the cliff in the cove just north of Dahab. It is just not seen as safe anymore, more like a loaded gun in fact, I am not saying it cant be done, I have in fact dived air to far in excess of your stated max depth and survived, but that was before we knew better.

Now we know better as we have learned from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom