Three dives in one day against the rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gorilko:
dont like it, go dive with someone else

end this, club is this way, rules are clear!
find other club and all will be well
yo!

How can he end anything when you guys keep popping up like mushrooms after rain? :)

And do fill out your profile.

Members from Mislav (and our) diving club, please stop this discussion.. It became very childish, and the only purpose is arguing...

From now on, can we talk about it in club and not on the internet?

Please, please, please...

Dear everybody..

Since I AM THE PERSON Mislav argued with - I feel the need to reply to you all..
First I have to say that I realy regret this whole situation, because my intention was never to make enemies or insult anyone, especialy new members of our club that obviously feel insulted.

Dear Mislav,
I don't recall I ever told you CMAS has a no third dive rule - I told you WE HAVE. I also told you that it is a common practice to do max two dives a day (maybe this does not apply to the whole world, but to our narrow enviroment it sure does). To be completely honest - I even told you I don't know if CMAS has any rule of that kind. I told you that some researches (DAN) have shown that a third dive is dangerous regardless of it's max depth or the surface interval. Since the first rule of our club is "SAFETY IS AN IMPERATIVE" - we all take that kind of researches seriously and obey the max of two dives per day rule (I repeat - OUR rule).

To make it clear to everyone - I refused to enter Mislav into my Dive journal (law in Croatia says that every diver on every dive has to be entered into this journal - and police likes to check this now and then), but didn't try to stop him from diving - in fact, we all went on a dive happily together. I refused to enter him because I am responsible for every data I enter into my Dive journal - my club can deprive me of my Journal if I brake club rules. So these were my motives - as I am a member that agrees with the club rules.

Dear Mislav,
I must agree with some others in this matter - if you dislike the way we dive - noone is forsing you to stay. And also I must quote another member of our club: "Diving is like crossing the street - you can cross it on zebra crossing with the green light on - or at the turning without any traffic lights". I think we all agree - many of the latter survive to tell the story.. but are they more reasonable?

I hope this to be the end of this useless discussion, and I also hope that Mislav doesn't believe that I would respond to his posts anonymously. Kind regards to everyone,

Nina

NNiinnaa:
..(law in Croatia says that every diver on every dive has to be entered into this journal - and police likes to check this now and then), but didn't try to stop him from diving - in fact, we all went on a dive happily together. I refused to enter him because I am responsible for every data I enter into my Dive journal - my club can deprive me of my Journal if I brake club rules. So these were my motives - as I am a member that agrees with the club rules.
yes it is a different world out there and many countries/clubs have similar things.

evil_xander:
How can he end anything when you guys keep popping up like mushrooms after rain? :)

And do fill out your profile.
I don't care who you are, that there was funny.:D

evil_xander:
...you guys keep popping up like mushrooms after rain? :)
They do, don't they? :D

Tihana K.:
From now on, can we talk about it in club and not on the internet?
As soon as everyone else stops posting here telling me to leave the club, I'll stop posting here myself. I find it funny how many members of this club have joined Scubaboard recently only to make their first posts here. Perhaps some will continue to read it, learn more from it and realize how much they really know about diving. Then we will be able to discuss things rationally and with arguments. As it is, I'm the only one throwing real facts here and as such this debate serves no purpose.

I have nothing to prove here. I've asked the question and gotten the answer. Case closed. Or it would be were it not for hurt egos. Haven't you noticed how the board reacts to this story? Doesn't that make you think?

I could, but of course I won't, bring ten other new posters here who can take my side, further explain the mysteries of diving science to your club members and confirm that me and my buddy are experienced divers in various environments and actually fun to dive with AND safe to dive with at the same time! It's enough that you happen to have one other Scubaboard member here to confirm this to you.

So, I'm joining the plea Tihana made - stop posting nonsense here and try to discuss things openly with me next time you see me.

NNiinnaa:
my intention was never to make enemies or insult anyone, especialy new members of our club that obviously feel insulted.
Check the thread - I never thought or said it was and I don't feel insulted at all by you.
NNiinnaa:
I don't recall I ever told you CMAS has a no third dive rule
Well, you had and then you said this:
NNiinnaa:
I don't know if CMAS has any rule of that kind.
Which then turned into this:
NNiinnaa:
I told you WE HAVE
Remember - I've asked you to show me where does CMAS put this in writing? Also, where does the club? I've asked that local CMAS Instructor whether he knew of this rule within CMAS on the boat in front of everyone. There were several discussions about it prior to that and afterwards.

About club having such a rule, you've asked me whether I want to call the president of the club if he would allow the third dive and I said yes. At this point you and me agreed that me and my buddy can go for that dive and so we did without calling anyone. To me it's a silly rule still - it was then, it is now. I said I couldn't believe CMAS had such a rule so I asked the question here. I got my answers, so did anyone else willing to accept them.

NNiinnaa:
To make it clear to everyone - I refused to enter Mislav into my Dive journal (law in Croatia says that every diver on every dive has to be entered into this journal - and police likes to check this now and then), but didn't try to stop him from diving - in fact, we all went on a dive happily together. I refused to enter him because I am responsible for every data I enter into my Dive journal - my club can deprive me of my Journal if I brake club rules. So these were my motives - as I am a member that agrees with the club rules.
I've said then that it makes no sense to me to break the law in order to follow the club rules. Rules which didn't exist at that time anyway - check the thread, see just when did the new rulebook emerge. Much later. Even if these rules were in effect before, then everyone, el presidente included have broken it on our prior diving trip. Remember how almost everyone went diving for four days in a row back then? Or how newbies made two dives per day? Either those rules didn't exist back then (and during our second trip) or we were all breaking them.

Besides, me and my buddy weren't the only ones who did three dives on that day. There was also another member of your club who went on a night dive with me and my buddy who had done the same.

And here's the funny part - you've done the third dive yourself the very next day! Remember how all of us surfaced inside that cave? As soon as you went down again it's when you've made your third dive. After only three minutes surface interval, but still - it's the third dive. The laws of physics don't care whether we've surfaced only to see the inside of a cave - they tend to apply all the same.

In that light, I've done four dives on that day. I can count recovering a mask from over 5 meters depth one other member dropped. I have it measured on my Stinger as a separate dive. Should have logged it, LOL! :D

NNiinnaa:
Dear Mislav,
I must agree with some others in this matter - if you dislike the way we dive - noone is forsing you to stay. And also I must quote another member of our club: "Diving is like crossing the street - you can cross it on zebra crossing with the green light on - or at the turning without any traffic lights". I think we all agree - many of the latter survive to tell the story.. but are they more reasonable?
So you agree with total misconstruction of this thread and hurt egos? Do you guys understand my point at all? It's this:
No arbitrary rule forbidding the third dive in a day will make you safer divers. Raising the level of knowledge and skill inside your club will! It's ridiculous to impose limits on number of dives when there are bigger issues that need to be addressed first.

NNiinnaa:
I hope this to be the end of this useless discussion, and I also hope that Mislav doesn't believe that I would respond to his posts anonymously. Kind regards to everyone,

Nina
Never thought those were your attacks. Most of those came from people who don't know me or haven't been diving with me at all. I'm sure you would have said something to me on the yesterday's meeting if those were your words anyway. We have our differences, but we seem to solve them on the fly every time.

Sideband:
I don't care who you are, that there was funny.:D
I must say I liked that "Yo!" bit and LMAO'd extensively. :D

cancun mark:
Deep air is the reason for the tomb stones on the cliff in the cove just north of Dahab. It is just not seen as safe anymore, more like a loaded gun in fact, I am not saying it cant be done, I have in fact dived air to far in excess of your stated max depth and survived, but that was before we knew better.

Now we know better as we have learned from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.

Mark, buddy.

Could you define "we" for me?

I know of several agencies that still actively teach deep air diving as part of their curiculuum, fully insured and endorsed by their learned BOD's and training staff.

What mistakes do you see that these learned individuals (pillars of the tech community as they are) don't?

Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom