Lauderdale by the Sea Dive: Saturday August 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to cancel. My paying job got in the way... but... there will be several members from Down Under Dive Club (Melbourne, FL) that will be down there.

I wish I could go.

Yup! Get there early for parking. If I get there before 8AM, I usually find a spot.

Al

I will be there around 8ish to join in... I will be bringing 2 tanks to do a second dive if anyone is interested.
So it looks like 8AM Show 8:30 Go for an approx 1 1/2 hour. The best place to park is on Hibiscus St. I will be in a Red Dodge P/U with Dive Naked on my back window. It looks like I will be diving Nekkid as no wetsuit is needed.

Dan

:eyebrow:
showboat:
I will be there around 8ish to join in... I will be bringing 2 tanks to do a second dive if anyone is interested.
So it looks like 8AM Show 8:30 Go for an approx 1 1/2 hour. The best place to park is on Hibiscus St. I will be in a Red Dodge P/U with Dive Naked on my back window. It looks like I will be diving Nekkid as no wetsuit is needed.

Dan
ok dan i will be there around 8ish

BrIaN

SavannahDiveCouple:
We are going Saturday Aug 18th. We were thinking of coming around 10am...but we're noticing a lot of people are getting there earlier. Is it better to dive there earlier?? We'd love to get a report from anyone that dives this weekend or tips from anyone that's done it before. What's a good dive shop in the area and what's a good back up plan if conditions are not good for a shore dive?

You want to get there early because parking is a pain. You should take Commercial Blvd off of I-95, and go as far east as you possibly can. Just before you drive onto the sand, turn right (south) and to two blocks to Hibiscus. Turn Left (east), and the parking is right there. You will see a big wooden dive flag on the beach in front of you.

Swim straight out, past the swim markers, and go down to the reef. I like going to the second reef line myself, about egual to the end of the pier. I recommend going generally north, towards the pier, but DON'T get too close, the fishermen will get VERY testy. The vis should be about 30 feet or so, and the reef is only about 15-20 feet down, so you can stay down for a good 1 3/4 hours or more... keep that in mind when feeding the meter! :)

My wife Vino and I may join you guys, we haven't been out blowing bubbles for almost 3 WEEKS! :11: (I've been starting a new company.... mea culpa)

Thanks for all the info...sounds like we'd do better to plan on being there early so we'll
drive all the way into Ft. Lauderdale Friday and stay the night so we can be at the beach bright and early. Any accomodation suggestions. Does going early affect the visibility out on the reef?

I usually stay at the Beach Apartment Motel. You can stay parked at the motel if you don't have privileged parking and dive from there...it's only a short walk to the water

I've added the date to the thread title. Looks like you're going to have a lot of company- including me! :fruit: Might I suggest Hibiscus Street- I'm really lazy when it comes to having to drag my gear around...:rofl3:

You might want to give the Sea Echo a call- Betty has a lot of divers stay there & her rates are very reasonable. 954-776-5803. also, here's a link to LBTS hotels. Anything on El Mar is in the heart of LBTS. Even numbers are on the beach, odd across the street. Below 4400 block is south of Commercial (the better diving, IMO).

All that being said- you are welcome to stay at my place. I've got a couch, a daybed & an airmattress that are always open to divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom