Lauderdale by the Sea Dive: Saturday August 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to be down in Miami doing the Doc trip... will there be evening festivities and other miscellaneous goings on into 7-8pm timeframe....?

Red_5:
I get in around 2pm on saturday @ FLL... is that too late to get some gear and join?

(need a reg, weight/belt and tank(s))

update: I only need tank(s) and weights/belts

How much weight? I have a weight belt, if I remember to throw it in the car, and some weights.

I have a couple students for O/W Dive 1 & 2 for this weekend. I talked up Hibiscus St, and they're game. If the seas look good, we'll see you there.

Al

All our gear is sitting by the front door ready to be loaded in the car tomorrow
to head to LBTS. Can't leave Sav'h til after 1pm so it will be late when we get
in (sorry to miss the night dive). We'll be staying at the Beach Apartments Hotel
and planning to be on the beach Sat between 8-8:30 pm. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with some of you then. Can't wait to get wet!

SavannahDiveCouple:
All our gear is sitting by the front door ready to be loaded in the car tomorrow
to head to LBTS. Can't leave Sav'h til after 1pm so it will be late when we get
in (sorry to miss the night dive). We'll be staying at the Beach Apartments Hotel
and planning to be on the beach Sat between 8-8:30 pm. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with some of you then. Can't wait to get wet!

Excellent! Sent you a PM with my phone #.

Red_5:
update: I only need tank(s) and weights/belts

Looks like Jenny is covering the belt. I've got weights galore. We'll figure out a tank, too.

netmage:
I'm going to be down in Miami doing the Doc trip... will there be evening festivities and other miscellaneous goings on into 7-8pm timeframe....?

Ya' never know with this gang...

Marvel:
Looks like Jenny is covering the belt. I've got weights galore. We'll figure out a tank, too.

I've secured 4 dives for sunday as of last night. I have to be at the boat around 730am and I'll be with that boat all day.

I don't know if doing something sat afternoon would be a good idea. This is a beach dive (never done one before). (spoiled, only doing boats I guess)
how far of a swim will this be? (I don't want to be spent for sunday)
how do you secure your stuff when you're in the water?

someone will need to point me to where to get the gear I need
and where to park and meet up.

I can provide my cell if needed via pm

oh, weights = 10-12lbs (thats with 2lb negatively boyant tanks)

Or, I could just stop by and not dive. (did I just write that?) :eyebrow:

Or, I could just stop by and not dive. (did I just write that?)

Sacrilege!

Typically, the beach dives are pretty easy here. Walk in to waist high water, put fins on & kick out on your back about 100 yards before dropping down. Max depth is less than 20 '. The reef runs north-south & we just swim into the current until it's time to turn. The beach is on a gradual slope & we usually swim in until we hit 3-5' before surfacing & walking out- usually right at our point of entry. We're lazy down here & don't really like to work hard. Securing stuff COULD require a small bribe to the right people. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom