Trimix computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most people used to be panic about Chinise product. It is totally misconception and one way of thinking.

To make cheap and lower quality is also driven by the U.S. importer, not Chinese by themselves. Wal-Mart is also a key player in this practice.

For the reference, the labor cost in China has been jacked up already and many U.S. importers are moving to the India and Vietnam.

That is, China is not a cheap country anymore. China is a big country and is getting a cutting edge technology more and more. Even, many medical equipments made in China are currently used and my Lenovo notebook isn't bad at all. My point is if there is market, even Chinese guy can manufactures a qaulity product in a reasonable price.

Any computers can be out of order, even Suunto, Uwatec, Oceanic, VR3, and Cochran.. We have heard so many malfunctions on the board as well.

Something I don't understand...

There are computers out there that do multiple gas switching, air integration, heart rate monitoring, wireless transmission etc. etc. etc.

So why is it that there are (currently) only 3 available trimix capable computers - cochran 20H, VR3 and HS explorer? I know a lot of trimix divers use vplanner, but it seems to me that it wouldnt be that hard to for a manufacturer to program a trimix code into these computers.

For trimix diving, the "best" computer is the one between your ears.

"Most people used to be panic about Chinise product. It is totally misconception and one way of thinking".

Not to be argumentative, but are you serious? Especially with the rash of problems with Chinese imports of late?
This was in today's news.

Australia bans toys that produce date-rape drug : Mail & Guardian Online

An excerpt from the article ...
Australia announced a nationwide ban on Wednesday on about one million Chinese-made toys after investigations showed they contained a chemical that metabolises when swallowed into a date-rape drug.

Most people used to be panic about Chinise product. It is totally misconception and one way of thinking.

To make cheap and lower quality is also driven by the U.S. importer, not Chinese by themselves. Wal-Mart is also a key player in this practice.

For the reference, the labor cost in China has been jacked up already and many U.S. importers are moving to the India and Vietnam.

That is, China is not a cheap country anymore. China is a big country and is getting a cutting edge technology more and more. Even, many medical equipments made in China are currently used and my Lenovo notebook isn't bad at all. My point is if there is market, even Chinese guy can manufactures a qaulity product in a reasonable price.

Any computers can be out of order, even Suunto, Uwatec, Oceanic, VR3, and Cochran.. We have heard so many malfunctions on the board as well.
I'm not doubting Chinese manufacturing quality. I'm doubting the accuracy and pre-release testing of the algorithm. :wink:

"Most people used to be panic about Chinese product. It is totally misconception and one way of thinking".

Not to be argumentative, but are you serious? Especially with the rash of problems with Chinese imports of late?
This was in today's news.

Australia bans toys that produce date-rape drug : Mail & Guardian Online

An excerpt from the article ...
Australia announced a nationwide ban on Wednesday on about one million Chinese-made toys after investigations showed they contained a chemical that metabolises when swallowed into a date-rape drug.

Yes, I am serious. Toys is only one of them. They are NOT manufacturing one item from a darn big country...

U.S. made products has been also banned to Asian (China) market several times for your reference.

I'm not doubting Chinese manufacturing quality. I'm doubting the accuracy and pre-release testing of the algorithm. :wink:

Jeff, that is a good point. Actually, I don't think algorithm can be easily caught up because of the lack of previous research on the matter. My prediction is based on the simple licensing or buying the company for the algorithm. Chinese is very good at it.

Guess what.. Lenovo was IBM. They were NOT begging for the technology, simply bought it. :rofl3:

Yes, I am serious. Toys is only one of them. They are NOT manufacturing one item from a darn big country...

U.S. made products has been also banned to Asian (China) market several times for your reference.

Sorry Hossier,
Don't think I completely understand your reply.? "They are NOT manufacturing one item from a darn big country..."
Also, can you help me find an instance where China banned a U.S. product because it "... contained a chemical that metabolises when swallowed into a date-rape drug". That was the reference.

Thanks for your help.

What if we all agree not to eat our hypothetical chinese made trimix computers which are coated with lead based roofie-paint?

Sorry Hossier,
Don't think I completely understand your reply.? "They are NOT manufacturing one item from a darn big country..."
Also, can you help me find an instance where China banned a U.S. product because it "... contained a chemical that metabolises when swallowed into a date-rape drug". That was the reference.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry.. I might not be clear...

I meant...China is the world's largest exporter of consumer products and tainted goods represents a small fraction of the country's exports... That is my point...

As for the ban.... I was not "talking/limited in" about the chemical consumer product ONLY. Any U.S. products can be banned and claimed/refused to accept.

The recent meat product from U.S. to China can be a good example. Those meat was banned to Japan and Korea market as well.

All F-15 fighters exported to Japan & Korea are being in suspension of flights due to the frequent malfunction. Can you imagine how much it costs per a fighter?

In addition, even though there isn't official "BAN" in the macro level (because nobody wants a trade war at this moment), there are a lot of small claims (quality control) on the exporting products from U.S.

To be fair, I am not affiliated with China at all..

What if we all agree not to eat our hypothetical chinese made trimix computers which are coated with lead based roofie-paint?

You must miss the Timex manual.

It has already been noted a long time ago.:rofl3:

Timex might know how their watch was made..... :wink:

Seriously Timex was made in China? I thought it was made in Japan....

Confirm: Timex Helix DM was made in Japan. I still have the case....

dont_eat_watch.jpg

Talk about a thread going off topic! (I think it's off topic; but, it's hard to figure that out given the grammatical mistakes that make some responses almost unintelligible.)

The point is that it is not easy to build one of these things. Packing that much real-time logic into a device that must work in a very harsh environment, is not a trivial task. Free market economics would dictate that their would already be more, less costly alternatives it it were economically feasible to do so. Mix diving is not exactly a mass market.

And, as Limeyx pointed out, " For trimix diving, the "best" computer is the one between your ears." (That is also true of any diving.) But, in particular, for planned deco diving, you really want to follow Hal Watt's advice: "Plan your dive and dive your plan." Helium is not a very forgiving gas when you blow deco stops, ascent rates, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom