Anyone taking bouyancy 1 at ScubaShack, CT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You won't regret it. Have fun. If you're going to be in the pool Thursday nights, there's a chance I might be there doing some buoyancy work with my doubles.

Shane

Ok....I just talked to Ed H. As punishment for not knowing what the course is about. I have agreed to the first session on April 9th. I hope to redeem myself with this honorable forum.

Great, let us know what you think about the class when you are done, and have fun!

Ok....I just talked to Ed H. As punishment for not knowing what the course is about. I have agreed to the first session on April 9th. I hope to redeem myself with this honorable forum.

That's really cool. Post back after the class. Hope you have a blast!

wow...thats called putting your money where your mouth is. good for you. See you there.

Greetings.

I haven't posted for a while but figured I would chime in. :)

The buoyancy class is something we recommend post Open Water, and before anything else.. It is somewhere along the line of Open Water Part 2.

When you complete the class, you have the option of completing 2 open water dives w/ Ed. Once you have completed the pool sessions, classes, and dives, you can ask and will be given the PPB card (PADI) if you wish. We say given as by this time you will have earned it.

FWIW.. I went to Scubashack as a DM from another shop. I was REQUIRED to take this class first, before helping with any classes.. I am now a PADI instructor @ Scuba Shack.

It was well worth the $$$

-Dennis

I'm actually swinging through the shop tonight to sign up for class on my way to the cornerstone pool. Gotta play around with my new suit! I guess I'll see a few of you beginning next week.

Hey Ed! I will tell you this. After 30 years of diving, I thought that Ed was full of crap telling me I should take his class (B1) Who the hell is this guy??!! I finally did, only to realize that I had no friggin clue as to how piss poor my bouyancy really was. If you never take another class in your life, this one should not be missed. As you probably know by now, you will be required to have a BPW for the class. I will gladly lend you mine if you like, so you can try before you buy. It will change the way you dive forever.....(in a good way) I'm not here much, so shoot me a PM if you want it.

Any updated thoughts after your first class? Does it sound like the class is what you thought it would be? Just curious about your thoughts and feelings as the class progresses. I felt differently during class than my wife did, but in the end we both agreed it was well worth the money...in fact, some of the best money we spent on diving.

Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom