Anyone taking bouyancy 1 at ScubaShack, CT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was down Sat and they seemed to be doing well. Didn't get a chance to hear how it all went. Yup, final report?

Dude, you were there on Saturday and didn't even come over to witness the circus first hand? ***? You missed a great show.

I'll speak only for myself here as everyone's experience is different. Overall, everything went well but I still have a great deal of work to do. However, I can say that my single biggest improvement is confidence... but not in the way you might think. Sure, I'm a little more confident in my bouyancy & trim and my ability to effectively plan and execute a dive but that will come and go depending on the day and the dive. Where I am most confident, is in what I DON'T know. Chew on that one for a while...

Once you get over the initial sting, it's actually comforting to be in shown in vivid detail where your shortcomings are and to understand what it will take to improve those areas. In addition, it's sobering in a REALLY good way to know how far off your goals may be as opposed to where you THOUGHT they were coming in.

I'm certainly not beating myself up, far from it. I'm happy, maybe even a little proud of what I was able to do. Now, I'm just taking stock and plotting my course.

Other than that, yeah:
Neck - Still hurts
Back - Still hurts
Pride - Less broken
It's all - Still good

Awesome!

You've nailed it right on the head what all the GUE classes are about. Identify where you need work, how to improve and how to recognize where your/the teams weaknesses are.

Even the big dogs in the game have their weaknesses, it's all about working as a team to constantly improve and to balance one divers strengths with anothers weaknesses.

I definitely look forwards to seeing you guys around!

That's a nice post, Chris. For those of us who can check our egos at the door and sit down with an open mind to learn, one can gain a lot from a class like this. Sounds like you took a lot out of it. As I've said before, you'll see the benefits at the end of the summer, once this all becomes a bit more second nature.

We were actually right over near you guys on Sat (lower level). We're getting ready for our own class the weekend after this one. Looked like you were busy enough not to intrude.

My advice: go diving. Don't worry about practice for a bit. Get out on some fun dives with Jim and Pat, and Fran, and Heather and Dave, hit Cat Rocks, Back Beach, OGB, and Folly. Then in a month, get your group together and head back to the quarry. Don't take it too heavy or too seriously.

It's all good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom