Anyone taking bouyancy 1 at ScubaShack, CT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.

Doing a lot of this in a pool could be very useful for some. Sounds though that IF someone is interested in pursuing GUE training, and IF that person has buoyancy pretty dialed away, stepping directly up to GUE-F (not B2) might be the way to go. That said, extra training with Ed is probably never a bad idea.

Going for DIR F, you better have bouyancy way more than pretty dialed in. The task loading alone will blow bouyancy to hell unless it's dead on the money.

Back in the good 'ole days (snicker)... before Ed's Buoyancy classes, we showed up for Fundamentals, got our butts kicked, got frustrated, threatened to sell our gear on ebay, downed some koolaid, then kept taking it til we finally figured it out. (We also had to swim uphill both ways to class :wink: .

Without a good preparation method, Fundamentals can be like taking someone who only saw snow for the first time last week, slapping skis on them, and shoving them down an icy, New England, blue square trail. Yeah, they may figure it out, but not without it involving a whole lot of frustration and pain. But put this same person through a properly structured class and they will get to the same end point faster and will have more fun along the way.

These buoyancy classes are a great preparation method for Fundamentals. Ed gives you the step-by-step process on how to learn unbelievable control & propulsion in the water. Once you have great control & propulsion, there is really nothing these guys can't teach you in the 4-5 day Fundamental class. In other words, he helps you learn how to walk properly so that transitioning to running is a breeze. And, the bonus is, there's more rapid improvement and therefore less frustration along the way... and this crew is hilarious, you'll have a TON of FUN. And that's what it's really all about.

Another bonus is that the pool environment means you can get awesome video for analysis with good vis that we often can't find anywhere locally in OW as well as keep your training up during the winter months.

It was great meeting some of you this weekend. Looking forward to see you around!

Back in the good 'ole days (snicker)... before Ed's Buoyancy classes, we showed up for Fundamentals, got our butts kicked, got frustrated, threatened to sell our gear on ebay, downed some koolaid, then kept taking it til we finally figured it out. (We also had to swim uphill both ways to class :wink: .

Without a good preparation method, Fundamentals can be like taking someone who only saw snow for the first time last week, slapping skis on them, and shoving them down an icy, New England, blue square trail. Yeah, they may figure it out, but not without it involving a whole lot of frustration and pain. But put this same person through a properly structured class and they will get to the same end point faster and will have more fun along the way.

These buoyancy classes are a great preparation method for Fundamentals. Ed gives you the step-by-step process on how to learn unbelievable control & propulsion in the water. Once you have great control & propulsion, there is really nothing these guys can't teach you in the 4-5 day Fundamental class. In other words, he helps you learn how to walk properly so that transitioning to running is a breeze. And, the bonus is, there's more rapid improvement and therefore less frustration along the way... and this crew is hilarious, you'll have a TON of FUN. And that's what it's really all about.

Another bonus is that the pool environment means you can get awesome video for analysis with good vis that we often can't find anywhere locally in OW as well as keep your training up during the winter months.

It was great meeting some of you this weekend. Looking forward to see you around!

Yup...

Does people really take that "training" ? (I did :( )A chat of your situation with some of the veterans (not me) here should be more than enough....why spend $$$
Ed Hayes' buoyancy class bears about as much resemblance to a PADI buoyancy class as my 100 hour program does to a PADI O/W class. I've seen his graduates and they are extraordinary divers.

Neck hurts
Back hurts
Pride is broken
It's ALL good

You know the deal. It's ugly at first. If I was to be honest with myself, I'm around a 2 right now. For those of you wondering what a 2 is, it means that I'm just shy of not being a danger to myself or those around me. I'll be getting a few dives in before next weekend so I hope to be able to round the corner by the time the real fun starts.

Mer was on the scene filming the circus as it occurred. I'm sure she was entertained to say the least.

Sounds like us after two days. Broke us down, built us back up. Was an amazing process. Didn't start really coming together until the last day of class.

The pain is only temporary, but the fun will last forever!

What happens in fundies stays in fundies ! Honestly looking thru the view finder all the time I couldn't tell one from another. You'll learn alot in weekend 2.

No one infringed as my infamous, copyrighted "mer flare" so it's all good!

I'll be in FL cave diving for weekend 2, but my thoughts will be with y'all.

Last edited:
Neck hurts
Back hurts
Pride is broken
It's ALL good

Ahh... brings back all the good memories :)

Any final reports on the fundies class?

Back
Top Bottom