Losing my best canine friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know words don't help much, but I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of
a pet is a unique sorrow.
I had a puppy for 1 day when he died and it messed me up for a few weeks.
Sincerely,
Spencer

Here is a quote that was shared with me when we lost our buddy Tabor who was a rottie shepherd cross

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached. Yet, still we would live no other way." - Irving Townsend

Tammy, just as Raven depends on you for food and affection, she depends on you for the most difficult of decisions, too. The decision weighs so heavily apon you, but you of course would never want her to be in pain.
Raven had the best possible person. You helped her through her separation anxiety, through abdominal surgery, through the heart worm problem. These are major events, and you have been an incredible owner/friend.
You try so hard to protect and ensure survival, and now your decision goes against all of your instincts. Its so difficult, but you are doing all of the right things. Pain management is key. Playing and having fun and conducting yourself as normally as possible will make both of you have more fun together.
Be strong. Be positive. You are lucky to have the wonderful relationship that you have together!
My best wishes go to both of you!

Tammy,
I was very saddened to read about Raven. From your report it sounds as though she is still having more good days than bad. I have seen many dogs with advanced lymphoma that, but for the swollen glands, you wouldn't know anything was wrong with them. As long as she's still interested in eating and playing and going about her routine, rejoice in the time that you have left with her. At least she doesn't have to feel the emotional pain with which you are dealing. I am crying for you as I write this.
Take care and let us know how things are going.

Lilla

Tammy, so sorry to hear about Raven. I feel your pain and what you are going through. I lost my Kiddo to a stoke last year. He was an older dog. Still for the amount of pain I felt, I would gladly go through it again rather than not having him in my life and the joy he brought.
Hugs to you and Raven.

I put Max down last June. He was four and also had cancer. I feel your pain and know time is the only thing that will ease that pain.
Max.gif

I am so sorry to hear your news. Anyone who has had any pet in their life knows that there is nothing that compares to the love you have for each other. My dog Roxy became very ill and we couldn't find a diagnosis, but in the end she let me know when it was time to go. It was heart wrenching, but I know that putting her down was the fair thing to do (but so hard).

Just know that we are thinking of you!

I am so sorry.... I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a lab for 12 years and he was
diagnosed with cancer when he was 10. My vet tried everything he could but it came to a point where for his sake I had to have him put to sleep.
He was like my child and I took it really hard but I am so glad to have had him in my life for as long as I did. I still have his picture on my refrigerator 4 years later.

Just cherish the time with her because those will be your lasting memories.

Tammy,

I know how you feel. I just lost my Oreo to lymphoma cancer three weeks ago. He was diagnosed Aug 06, so at least I had 20 more months with him. I wonder if you should see another vet, because I don't see why you couldn't try starting chemo. See Oreo's website. Welcome to Oreo's Site! Let me know if you have any question.

Good luck! Prayer for Raven.
Heather.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom