Losing my best canine friend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:bncry:

Early last year I thought The Ghillie was killed. I am glad noone saw me crying.

For sure that dogs provide unconditional love and are excellent companions.

What's wrong with expressing emotion? I bawled almost constantly for the first 3 days after I put Raven down & I had to work night shift that week. I was just looking at some pictures I took of her 1. 5 days before, when I had gotten the diagnosis & she was still very energetic & 2. Some I took the morning I put her down. The difference was astounding. Her face was drawn in, eyes drooping, head hung low & body outstretched in discomfort. I have no doubts now, that what I did was the best I could do for her. I'm doing much better, but still miss her though,....

I hate to tell you this, but the pain never goes away completely. My eyes still well up with tears when I look at photos of dogs I've had in the past, including ones that passed away over 10 years ago.

What's wrong with expressing emotion? I bawled almost constantly for the first 3 days after I put Raven down & I had to work night shift that week. I was just looking at some pictures I took of her 1. 5 days before, when I had gotten the diagnosis & she was still very energetic & 2. Some I took the morning I put her down. The difference was astounding. Her face was drawn in, eyes drooping, head hung low & body outstretched in discomfort. I have no doubts now, that what I did was the best I could do for her. I'm doing much better, but still miss her though,....

There is nothing wrong with expressing emotion but red eyes and a runny nose are not conducive to my, um, manly persona? :11:

Sorry to hear that man, I know how that goes, I just had to put down my best friend (Rusty the golden) in March.. he got cancer on his spleen last May and had to have it removed, the vet said it was amazing he lasted as long as he did. Every vet visit he couldn't believe how strong he was still going. But then in March it got to his intestines and just tore him up fast.

I really think without that cancer he would have made it till he was 16 or 17.. he was so healthy and strong. I made a little shrine to him with his bed and his toys in it (he played with his stuffed toys up till days before he died).

I miss him so bad :(

I hear ya. I miss my Raven so bad that I don't sleep very well without my personal body guard to watch over me. She was great for chasing away the Boogie Man & the chill on a cold winter night. Sigh,.... I guess it may not be too long before I start to look for another companion. Not to replace raven,... there's no doing that, she was one of a kind. But I am finding that I need a companion to share my days with. Housebreaking & Chewed up shoes, here I come!

Back
Top Bottom