Need some trip ideas for January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wie and I need to get the H**L out of here for a week in January.

We have been to Cozumel (me 4X, wife 1X). Looking for something not too far away and not to crazy pricey, but warm and dry in Jan.

My thoughts are Roatan, Belize, BVI...not quite sure where to look.

Can anyone pitch me a couple ideas?

Thanks!

Greetings from Midvale, Ut. I have been to Belize in December. I dove in a t shirt but others wore wetsuits water temp was 80 and Ambergis Caye provided nice diving, not spectacular but very nice. I was at Roatan last January. I highly recommend staying at Cocoview as they provide the opportunity to dive your heart out. Shore diving is very good and they have the best boat design of any dive boat I've been on and I've been on quite a few. If the wave action is heavy you can come up through a hole in the middle of the boat. The boats in Belize were just small backroll boats, ok but the Cocoview treatment is addictive. Hang your key on the peg and when you head to the boat all your gear is set up and on the boat. Sweet! The area of Belize where I stayed (Journeys End) had no shore diving and just 2 dives a day as opposed to up to 4 per day at Coco plus unlimited shore diving. Yeah, you can really live in the water at Cocoview. I have considered Glover down Belize way but haven't yet gottne around to returning. So many places left to dive!! Still got to get Palau, Raja Amphat, PNG, and the Philippines. :) (go cougars). PS, I'll be in Bonaire in Feb. That looks pretty fun, you might want to consider that as well but I haven't been there yet so I can't confirm conditions.

Last edited:
I would highly recommend Bonaire. January and February are great times to visit because the weather is almost perfect. Very warm but not too hot, the vis has always been good for me during that time of the year, and with shore diving you can get in a ton of dives.

What's your budget looking like?
I can give you recommendations on Roatan based on your budget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom