Newbie in West Palm Beach, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

westpalmdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I am a new SB member from West Palm Beach. I am a recent transplant from the frozen tundra of north (which I now define as anything north of Daytona Beach.) Before moving to paradise, my dives were in lakes with 10 foot visability on a good day. In my eight months here, I have done quite a few drift dives with the Scuba Club here in WPB (great guys and gals at the Scuba Club), the Speigel Grove in the keys and a number of shore dives at the Blue Heron Bridge. I can see my townhouse on Singer Island from the BH dive site, so I try to get there as often as possible. One day a buddy and I took a long lunch and got in a BH dive in the middle of the day, so I am thinking I may be a scuba fanatic.

I am always looking for a buddy to dive Blue Heron Bridge, so if anyone needs a dive buddy, give me a shout. Looks like high tide is 8:06AM on Saturday, Dec 27th, and 8:44AM on Sunday. Anyone up for a bridge dive?

Welcome aboard. . . . I am relocating to Islamorada in the Keys, and I too, think I live in Paradise. . . we are lucky aren't we!!!

welcome aboard

Hello, I am a new SB member from West Palm Beach. I am a recent transplant from the frozen tundra of north (which I now define as anything north of Daytona Beach.) Before moving to paradise, my dives were in lakes with 10 foot visability on a good day. In my eight months here, I have done quite a few drift dives with the Scuba Club here in WPB (great guys and gals at the Scuba Club), the Speigel Grove in the keys and a number of shore dives at the Blue Heron Bridge. I can see my townhouse on Singer Island from the BH dive site, so I try to get there as often as possible. One day a buddy and I took a long lunch and got in a BH dive in the middle of the day, so I am thinking I may be a scuba fanatic.

I am always looking for a buddy to dive Blue Heron Bridge, so if anyone needs a dive buddy, give me a shout. Looks like high tide is 8:06AM on Saturday, Dec 27th, and 8:44AM on Sunday. Anyone up for a bridge dive?

Hello, from southern IL. I'm new at this too. I noticed you are living in part of Florida where the drift diving is the best. I have dove the drift dives from the Scuba Club many times and love it. I have dove at John Pennecamp in Key Largo as well.

Sorry I can't make the dive to be your buddy. Good Luck

Scubablond

Thanks for your post, I am always up for a dive at the Blue Heron. I have been fortunate and got in three dives this week, two at the Blue Heron and one drift dive with the Scuba Club. I have made tentative plans for one day this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday, and will not know until tomorrow (Friday.) I will post tomorrow when I know which day I can go, and see if you are still available to dive.

Mike

Hello, from southern IL. I'm new at this too. I noticed you are living in part of Florida where the drift diving is the best. I have dove the drift dives from the Scuba Club many times and love it. I have dove at John Pennecamp in Key Largo as well.

Sorry I can't make the dive to be your buddy. Good Luck

Scubablond

Hi Scubablond, thanks for your post. When you come this direction again maybe we can do a Blue Heron dive, or a Scuba Club drift dive.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom