First trip to Coz ~ Dec. 19-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops -- here's some 411.:dork2:

Our son is 15 y/o and he's a certified rescue diver.

Our daughter is 13 y/o and she's an advanced junior diver.

My husband is an advanced diver.

Both of the kids have done all of their training and certification either with Dressel Divers or Scuba Caribe in the Dominican Republic.

And, don't miss out on an opportunity to dive the Cenotes in Playa. Dressel can arrange everything. It's an unforgettable experience.
Will they take kids into the caves? Cenote dives are really "trust me" cave dives. Great safety record, but stil...? :idk:

They might enjoy the visit tho, and snorkeling.

Good point Don about junior divers; I know at Dos Ojas there were LOTS of snorkelers.

Of course, safety first; if the kids have good buoyancy skills, and are comfortable in a dark environment ( I like turning out my light for times, and use the ambient light from the other divers in the group, or the incoming sunlight in the distance ), the Cenotes are an amazing dive. All depends on desire, maturity and skill levels.

When we stayed at Iberostar Paraiso Beach three years ago, our oldest was 12 at the time and he did a cenotes dive with Dressel. Assuming they didn't violate PADI regulations, junior divers can do cenotes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom