twinset valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemaster2011

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi people im in the process of trying to put together a twinset as im at that stage in my diving career. i have the wing and i also have 2 cylinders that are faber 232 bar M25 my question is... can i fit 300 bar M25 valves and manifold to these cylinders or do i need to get 300 bar cylinders. i will gain profesional training for technical diving but for the moment am just looking at getting my rig together many thanks shaun

hi people im in the process of trying to put together a twinset as im at that stage in my diving career. i have the wing and i also have 2 cylinders that are faber 232 bar M25 my question is... can i fit 300 bar M25 valves and manifold to these cylinders or do i need to get 300 bar cylinders. i will gain profesional training for technical diving but for the moment am just looking at getting my rig together many thanks shaun

Hi Shaun,

If you are in the UK and looking to get them filled in the UK then don't put 300bar valves onto 232 bar cylinders.

Almost all the dive shops will refuse to fill them

Similarly don't get 300bar cylinders, they are far far too heavy, and you won't be able to balance the rig.

HTH

John

I can't tell you what the shops in the UK are going to tell you, but I second John's advise to put 232 bar valves on. They are just as secure and reliable as the 300 bar valves. If you already own a pair of 300 bar valves, you might be able to change out the service pressure sticker to reflect the lower pressure and I personally go the extra step and HIGHLIGHT (trace the indentation) the pressure rating of the tank with black magic marker so there is no mistake when filling.

Good luck...

Most of Faber cylinders are top-heavy and hence not quite good solution for twinset. Usually, a quite heavy tail-weight is needed to achieve static stability in good trim.

If you are in the UK and looking to get them filled in the UK then don't put 300bar valves onto 232 bar cylinders. Almost all the dive shops will refuse to fill them.
Do you mean they will refuse to fill them to 300 bar, or refuse to fill them period?

Most of Faber cylinders are top-heavy and hence not quite good solution for twinset. Usually, a quite heavy tail-weight is needed to achieve static stability in good trim.
hmm, I've had decent luck with LP85's and LP108's made by Faber. That's the only tanks made by them that I've tried though.

hmm, I've had decent luck with LP85's and LP108's made by Faber. That's the only tanks made by them that I've tried though.
Maybe you're right. I heard that tanks delivered to US had different characteristics then Europian counterparts.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom