dos ojos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dived with Hidden Worlds DMs in Dos Ojos and Bat Cave several times, they're DMs are top notch. I would not think of diving Dos Ojos with any other dive op and you can't beat the fun of the ride out to Dos Ojos on their open flatbed trucks either. I have also dived Heaven's Gate with them which is incredible, but at the time my Wife and I did it, they required that you had at least 4 or 5 Cenote dives under your belt if I recall right, but they had only just opened it to divers. One thing, if you do Heaven's Gate, its quite a distance thru the jungle to get there and will take a good part of a day to do. Heavens Gate and Dos Ojos are my favorite Cenote dives.

I have to give one more vote for Hidden Worlds for a "walk in" cenote dive. Great service and guides.

Last edited:
Yet another vote for Hidden Worlds. It is Victor's "Office" after all!!

We spent a week in Akumal a few years back and dove Cenotes with Dennis Weeks of Diablo Divers - Home. He's one of your fellow countrymen and cashed in his life in Canada to open up a Cave Diving operation in Mexico. He truly does what he loves and I really envy him for this. Theres really not alot of people that can say that.

At any rate....you will LOVE the Cenotes. Dos Ojos is really just a beginning. If you like them you should really come back for a week and do nothing but Cenotes with Dennis. Once he feels comfortable with your diving abilities he will take you to Cenotes that will leave you awestruck. I highly recommend it.
Dennis is always our first choice for cenote dives. German from Yucatech Expeditions in Cozumel is also great to dive cenotes with.

Has anyone ever just went over to the dos ojos cenote and just hired the guide at the site? I'm going over and the big guns that everyone talks about on the board dont seem to get back to me, so I'm looking for alternatives I guess. One of the dive masters at Akumal dive shop is a guide but I know his rep in cave diving. I dove with him in the ocean. I am headed to Akumal today. Thanks for the input. kev

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/213590-cenotes-dos-ojos-more.html

Dennis would have been my first recommendation, but when the OP said the big guns aren't getting back to him, I suspected he might very well already have tried to contact Dennis. It's sometimes not easy to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom