Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wyman101

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:confused:What is the best time of the year to go for about 2 wks of diving

Weather-wise, Dec-Jan is usually pretty nice in the Philippines. That being said, I went to Puerto Galera a couple years ago and got some really crap weather. Hey, it's the weather, right? Around Jan 1, a HUGE portion of the visitors took off, so we had the crappy weather (and unusually sluggish currents) all to ourselves. I can't speak about the sealife, but the Dec-Jan is pretty good for the Philippines in general, although it's peak season.

march-april is also pretty nice. and its warmer than dec-feb.

right now?

i would suggest april mai june

late january/february the watertemp drops to about 24c. i.e. wetsuit needed.

right now watertemp. +/- 30c

Nov to end of March BUT nothing is guaranteed.
Water temp is lower(24-26) but visibility normally improves.
But try to avoid Christmas and Chinese New Year(beginning of Feb 2011). However, potentially more divers to share the cost to Verde island. Two weeks at PG and not to dive Verde is.....
Kelimar drift on a strong ebb current is not for the faint-hearted but highly recommended if you are up to it..

Verde Island is a must do. We split the cost between three divers so I think it was $15 each more for the boat, well worth it. Incredible place, wall dive is fantastic.
April is nice, May is hot, but the ocean is smooth.

Last year I was there March, April, July and December. It was a bit grey in July and some rain with a bit of chop - but the beauty was not many other people.

Pretty much anytime - if you want sun and heat to go with it then avoid the "summer" months but if you are just wanting to spend as much time in the water as possible then it does not matter so much. We probably had the best vis in July.

All comments above are correct. As for me, i always spemd Chinese New Year at PG. Water is a bit chilly for me (25-26 degrees) but great place for 3-4 days diving.

Back
Top Bottom