AL Legend LX or Oceanic EOS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dla

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm about to buy my first reg and cosidering: AL Legend LX or Oceanic EOS.
I need more clues:
1. Which one smaller n lighter?
2. How about hose routing?
3. Does anyone have side-by-side picture of them?

Thank you.

I'm about to buy my first reg and cosidering: AL Legend LX or Oceanic EOS.
I need more clues:
1. Which one smaller n lighter?
2. How about hose routing?
3. Does anyone have side-by-side picture of them?

Thank you.

I would also consider Atomic as they are designed to only require service every two years and has excellent hose routing...

The Legend has a 2 year service interval as well. Aqualung wants the reg is to be brought in for an inspection annually, but serviced every other year. All rebuild kits are free for the life of the reg.

They're both top of the line regulators. You can't go wrong with either one.

As for details, I know the Oceanic is the smallest 2nd stage in their line and has a very nice swivel attachment where the regulator connects to the hose. I dove with one last year on a test dive and it was the easiest breathing regulator I've ever tried.

The details on weight should be available on the manufacturer's web pages. I would imagine the weight difference is not be dramatic and definitely won't be noticeable underwater.

(It'll probably be difficult to find a picture that shows them side by side unless you find a store that sells them both and will take a picture for you.)

I would also consider the Atomic line of regulators. I own a ScubaPro MK20/G250 and an Aqualung Legend LX and have tried many more (Mares, Apex, Zeagle, etc.). They are both excellent regs, but in my opinion, my new Atomic Z2X breathes easier and drier in any position. The swivel on the hose of the Z2X (as with some other regs, the EOS included) takes the strain off the hose and jaw. The two year service interval is also very nice.

Back
Top Bottom