TDI Deco Procedures Course Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BB1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

Another forum thread poster said there is a TDI Deco Proc manual update coming soon.

Can anyone confirm this as its on my shortlist of courses in the near future.

If it is going to be updated are they raising the bar or lowering it?

Hi,

Another forum thread poster said there is a TDI Deco Proc manual update coming soon.

Can anyone confirm this as its on my shortlist of courses in the near future.

If it is going to be updated are they raising the bar or lowering it?

The course materials are being redone. Not sure what you mean about lowering or raising the bar... the rewrite will bring the materials in-line with new developments and practices and will be informed by a decade of recreational decompression diving, since the previous title was published.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the new course materials.

I like the latest revision of materials for other courses, though to be honest they are a little bit let down by some typos. Quite happy to volunteer as an additional proof-reader for the deco procedures material if it helps, Steve!

Another VERY large certifying agency appears to lower the bar with their literature over time.

Their current Nitrox manual is not as indepth as their older one.

Glad to hear you guys are maintaing the high standard.

i'm really looking forward to the release of the new course materials.

I like the latest revision of materials for other courses, though to be honest they are a little bit let down by some typos. quite happy to volunteer as an additional proof-reader for the deco procedures material if it helps, steve!

+1 :d

A few of the TDI manuals could use a good rewrite. I did the Advance Gas Blender course last year and there were a few head scratchers in that manual, including the assertions that there were no sensors available which could measure the helium content of a mix, and the bald statement that higher O2 would reduce the narcotic potency of a mix (possibly, but a pretty controversial subject to give a bald statement on).

Copyright date was 1996.

Last edited:
The course materials are being redone. Not sure what you mean about lowering or raising the bar... the rewrite will bring the materials in-line with new developments and practices and will be informed by a decade of recreational decompression diving, since the previous title was published.

Any clues as to release date?? WOuld rather hold off doing the course a while and get latest info.

Most of what we are taught (and what we think we know) is wrong. It's always been that way. Science moves on and we refine our techniques and technology. We learn and we progress. The books never quite catch up. We do the best we can. It is always the best course to read all you can from as many sources as possible.

Most of what we are taught (and what we think we know) is wrong. It's always been that way. Science moves on and we refine our techniques and technology. We learn and we progress. The books never quite catch up. We do the best we can. It is always the best course to read all you can from as many sources as possible.

Ditto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom