Wing vs. Jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The BP/W crowd talks about streamlining and i've always assumed they are talking about point 2 here. They have a good argument to make as well because they can add as many D rings as they want, and organize their gear in lots of ways to personally suit them. Nothing wrong with this, in fact i think its really intriguing as well.

Humm,

Pretty much everybody I dive with uses a classic Hogarthian Harness. None are festooned with extra drings.

Tobin

Humm,

Pretty much everybody I dive with uses a classic Hogarthian Harness. None are festooned with extra drings.

Tobin

Sorry if i wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that everyone is just bristling with D-Rings. Merely that you can have the exact number you need for any given dive.

Sorry if i wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that everyone is just bristling with D-Rings. Merely that you can have the exact number you need for any given dive.

5 is pretty much the right number for any dive...........

Tobin

When the chest can not quietly accommodate the invisible big red S then the bank can compensate with a little blue H and still gear will never a diver make and thankfully with some never ever make..

halemanō;5467332:
What claims?

"Since the Vest bladder is closer to the body than the BP/W bladder wouldn't the amount of body position change from good diving trim to venting body position be less with a Vest vs a BP/W?"

"Since the kidney dump of a Vest BC is always right next to the body, wouldn't it be easier to reach than the butt dump of a wing, considering that the air you are trying to release is causing the butt dump to be farther away from the body than the Vest's kidney dump?"

Please prove these, thank you.

Cave divers, particularly pioneering, exploration type cave divers highly value low drag configurations for the simple reason it allows longer deeper penetrations before reaching their turn pressures.

Few such divers choose a jacket BC

Cave divers / Wreck divers have a particular need for precision buoyancy control. Ease of venting is part of buoyancy control.

Again, few such divers choose a jacket BC.

Is this due to fashion or function?

Tobin

Are these cave/wreck divers diving with a single tank? :idk:

You do remember that the OP is "just out of OW and AOW," don't you? :idk:

Im a newbie to scuba, just finished my courses, but anxious to start diving on my own with my buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom