Wing vs. Jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think someone with a BP/W used to beat up Halemano when he was a kid, now he's bitter.

I dive a Frog Indigo Single tank Wing and its fantastic – it is the same as the Halcyon Eclipse (which I also have) but a lot less expensive (USD$635). And the cost & ease of switching to a double tank wing (USD$ 300) gives me a wing I can use for anything FROG DIVE GEAR

I also find that I can fit a wing, backplate, Regulators, shorty, boots, mask, Fins, computer, smb, slate, compass, light, Towel & swim shorts all into a small carry on wheelie flight bag. Although it is to heavy nobody has checked the weight of my carry on yet:wink:

I think someone with a BP/W used to beat up Halemano when he was a kid, now he's bitter.

I think he's being honest, not bitter.

I think he's being honest, not bitter.

Nah, he's never used one yet bangs on about them all the time. It's a bit weird.

If the small but very vocal pro BP/W gang on SB were to just advocate for BP/W's with reasons not so silly and questionable, I would happily skip these redundant threads.

When I was a kid I didn't know anyone with any kind of BC.

One does not have to "use" anything to be honest; I am honestly interested in anyone showing proof of the data behind the reasons I always question. I am honestly interested in honesty. :)

halemanō;5458990:
If the small but very vocal pro BP/W gang on SB were to just advocate for BP/W's with reasons not so silly and questionable, I would happily skip these redundant threads.

When I was a kid I didn't know anyone with any kind of BC.

One does not have to "use" anything to be honest; I am honestly interested in anyone showing proof of the data behind the reasons I always question. I am honestly interested in honesty. :)

Why don't you start with proof behind your comments as well? You have framed them as questions but in fact, you are making assertions hidden as questions.

Namely:

"Since the Vest bladder is closer to the body than the BP/W bladder wouldn't the amount of body position change from good diving trim to venting body position be less with a Vest vs a BP/W?"

"Since the kidney dump of a Vest BC is always right next to the body, wouldn't it be easier to reach than the butt dump of a wing, considering that the air you are trying to release is causing the butt dump to be farther away from the body than the Vest's kidney dump?"

I was never on the Debate Team in High School, but my sister, one year behind me, was the Captain of the Debate Team. With our Jr College Head of their Departments parents as referees, our dinner table was conducted by accepted debate rules and procedures. It is a lot like a Court of Law.

If I were to ever come into a thread of this ilk claiming that "vest BC's release air easier than BP/W BC's" I would expect to be challenged as to where's the proof behind my claims.

I believe I have been pretty consistent in only posting my air release questions in these threads after someone claims BP/W BC's release air easier than vest BC's.

If I were to ever come into a thread of this ilk claiming that "vest BC's are more streamlined than BP/W BC's" I would expect to be challenged as to where's the proof behind my claims.

I believe I have been pretty consistent in only posting my streamlining questions in these threads after someone claims BP/W BC's are more streamlined than vest BC's.

My current situation does not easily lend itself to comparative testing. I have tried to come up with ways to answer the questions with data, but most who participate in these discussions don't seem to be interested in data. :idk:

I have not made any claims about BP/Ws here. But as a university debater I can tell you, you rebut everything. So let's have your proof halameno?

I have not made any claims about BP/Ws here.

If by "here" you mean "in this thread" it seems pretty obvious that your statement above is true, but I fail to see how this adds to the conversation. :idk:

But as a university debater I can tell you, you rebut everything.

Even if by "everything" you mean "every claim that BP/W BC's vent easier and are more streamlined than vest BC's" it still seems to me that you would have a hard time showing that I "rebut" every one of those claims. :idk:

So let's have your proof halameno?

Please show us a "claim" made by me that "requires" proof by the standards of your University Debate rules? :idk:

halemanō;5459837:
If by "here" you mean "in this thread" it seems pretty obvious that your statement above is true, but I fail to see how this adds to the conversation. :idk:

You said you only post when others post about streamlining. I have posted only when you have made a claim. So, please prove your claims.

Also the post in question was: "Most divers considering a BP&W are doing so for more streamlining, easier venting etc."

Not BP/Ws ARE more streamlined, just that divers who consider them have this purpose in mind.

Even if by "everything" you mean "every claim that BP/W BC's vent easier and are more streamlined than vest BC's" it still seems to me that you would have a hard time showing that I "rebut" every one of those claims. :idk:

Exactly. You have not put forward anything to support what you have said about vest BCs being easier. Namely:

"Since the Vest bladder is closer to the body than the BP/W bladder wouldn't the amount of body position change from good diving trim to venting body position be less with a Vest vs a BP/W?"

"Since the kidney dump of a Vest BC is always right next to the body, wouldn't it be easier to reach than the butt dump of a wing, considering that the air you are trying to release is causing the butt dump to be farther away from the body than the Vest's kidney dump?"

If you're going to ask others to prove what they say, I can ask you to prove what you say.

Please show us a "claim" made by me that "requires" proof by the standards of your University Debate rules? :idk:

See above. They are assertions pretending as questions as I said previously and if you did this in a debate you would be called on to provide proof for your claims. People ask questions rather than make statements when they are too chicken to stand behind their ideas. Would not fly in a debate.

Back
Top Bottom