bp/w harness type and time of use

Since using a bp/w what system choices applies to you (min 30 dives in bp/w)?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said

some people just have to tell you how superior their equipment is over yours

"oohh your not doing it right, do it like me and you to can be the best" < this said snickering in my best whinny little girl voice>:crafty:

Hubris is a mutha.

People should remember or be reminded that as good as they are or they think they are, there's always somebody better.

A good diver is a continually learning diver.

If world class professionals like the Dive Rite CEO and Halcyon CEO cum GUE founder think that there is a need for adjustable harnesses, then methinks that there may just be some merits to their learned opinions.

I started out with a oms comfort harness and was really never happy after many adjustments and cutting the chest strap off, and adding a crotch strap. I recently switched to a "new old stock" dss comfort harness with ss plate and have never been happier, ever.
Eric

They don't insinuate that other manufacturers or divers don't know what they're doing or not as good as them.

By some peoples' reasoning, their very name suggests that everyone else is diving rong.

If you take the time to click on the result you can get a list of the users under each result.
I decided to take a look at the profiles of each of the divers in that group.
It seems judging from that info the majority are highly experienced divers.
Why would you assume that a lack of good mentoring or instruction would be the reason for their choice?

Shall we assume that this is going unanswered because FnFalman is correct in that a group of SB members are simply pontificating and others are dogpilling.

I have plain webbing, but I do have a quick release on the left shoulder. I can barely get out of the harness without it. I've been told that my straps are too tight, and that the rig will be stable enough if they are loosened, but I switched to the BP/W to get stability, and "stable enough" for you may not be so for me.

I always have/had one piece webbing with my BP/W and have no intention on changing. However my Nomad Transpac for side mounting has 'comfort' buckles. They irritate me so much that once the harness has worn enough they will go. The buckles always seem to end up in odd spots and move and as I never use them to actually get out of the harness they serve no other purpose than piss me off or cause rib bruisage. In addition they are incredibly hard to actually pop open! Whaswidthat?

Shall we assume that this is going unanswered because FnFalman is correct in that a group of SB members are simply pontificating and others are dogpilling.

Some questions don't really merit an answer, but if you insist.......

What evidence do you find in the profile information any of the poll responders that specifically speaks to whether or not they may have received good instruction from a qualified back plate user / mentor?

Tobin

Hmmm...the Transpac doesn't need a backplate.

How much is a backplate?

The Transpac can be adapted for rebreather mount.

The Transpac can be easily adapted for sidemount.

The Transpac eases the pain of carrying a heavy load over long distances...you know, like scrambling up a smallish path to get to a cave spot...the things that Dive Rite people do for fun.

But hey, I'm sure that the Dive Rite people don't know nuthin' about no fancy divin'.
I dive about 2-4 times a week with dive rite employees and guess what? When we dive sidemount, we use nomads. Bp/w are used for backmount (singles and doubles).

The fact that it *can* work for everything was designed for a traveling diver. No where on any dive rite promotional material does dive rite attempt to convey the message that the transpac is ideal for all types of diving. Their employees don't try to pass that off as true online, in person, nor through any marketing materials.

Just curious, when speaking for Dive Rite employees, how often do you dive with one? :idk:

Since that I'm not a badass diver and probably never be, I have to use Dive Rite's examples of badass diving in order to defend their products. You see, Dive Rite is a classy joint. They don't go on internet forums to get into pissing contests with other divers and manufacturers. They don't insinuate that other manufacturers or divers don't know what they're doing or not as good as them.
I haven't seen any manufacture doing that, other than Tobin (DSS) and Patrick (OxyCheq) and frankly after seeing what Patrick pulls, SOMEONE needs to say something.

Hmmm...the Transpac doesn't need a backplate.

How much is a backplate?

The Transpac can be adapted for rebreather mount.

The Transpac can be easily adapted for sidemount.

The Transpac eases the pain of carrying a heavy load over long distances...you know, like scrambling up a smallish path to get to a cave spot...the things that Dive Rite people do for fun.

But hey, I'm sure that the Dive Rite people don't know nuthin' about no fancy divin'.

French%2520cave%25201.jpg

An Aluminum backplate is $48 dollars, a steel backplate is $75... $48+$26=$74 or $75+$26=$101
$74 is less than $375(Transpac) $101 is less than $375(Transpac)....

Some questions don't really merit an answer, but if you insist.......

What evidence do you find in the profile information any of the poll responders that specifically speaks to whether or not they may have received good instruction from a qualified back plate user / mentor?

Tobin

The same amount that you have that those that choose that style harness did not have a qualified back plate user / mentor.

Your original assumption and the way you try to turn around everyone else's statements however does lend merit to FnFalman's and other SB members assertion about what is really taking place every time a different opinion is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom