What species are the sharks at Chumphon Pinnacle, Koh Tao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Bowmouth..
B]do a couple of early morning "shark-attraction" dives with fresh bait and get to meet the animals up close and personal. Such dives are exciting and a lot of fun (I think) and often the only way to get a really CLOSE look at the animals and take decent pictures.[/B]

Best way to get close to these creatures is to just chill or learn to use a CCR..
Baiting them in great idea ! till some muppet gets scratched or panics and everyone screams attack !

They would be fished out under the protecting tourists banner in a heartbeat, look at the madness in Eygpt lately.

If you really want to protect and enjoy sharks do nothing beyond being there,(which is distraction already) to disrupt there natural behavior.

Same goes for the muppets taking bottles etc down below to call them in .

Isn’t it thrill enough already to be down there sharing the water with these magnificent sharks ?

For the record I believe there is a mixture down there, grey reefs, bulls. Have also seen silvertips, blacktips ,oceanic whitetips and fished out Tigers in the gulf.

Have pictures of baby hammerheads on Samui markets. Nicely finned.

From Bowmouth..
B]

Same goes for the muppets taking bottles etc down below to call them in .

Don't tell me even the sharks are on the beer on Koh Tao! drunk Bull Sharks and hungover gap year DMTs , great combination well worth filming if we could ever find a reasonably sober vidiot .

Just thought I'd put up one of our Chumphon shark photos...
n787940382_3254925_6241.jpg

Back
Top Bottom