Vortex revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you live in Ventura, California and want to travel 2,000 miles to 'dive Vortex', my thoughts are to tell you to 'knock yourself out'. :rofl3:

And don't forget to try the fried shrimp at Sally's before you [-]go kill your self[/-] make your attempt.

Is this another example of the Internet needing a sarcasm font?

I think so. The post is so absurd that I am sure it is sarcasm. The problem is that the consequences of it not being sarcasm are so severe it is hard to accept it for what it obviously is.

I agree. I've already deleted about 3 of *my* responses I was gonna post in response to this.

Instead, I'll just say that I hope it's not intended in the way it reads (to me).

Correct. I have no intention of diving Vortex Springs to look for anything. Instead, my plan is to hang out in the area between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, where I think the chances for a body recovery are much greater. If that doesn't work, I'll zip over to Cozumel for a couple days. If that doesn't work, I've scheduled trips to Fiji and Bora Bora, and even some alpine lakes in the Sierra Nevada mountains (there is a rumor that Jimmy Hoffa is at the bottom of Big Virginia Lake). I've seen Ben's picture and never forget a face. I'll fearlessly forge ahead in my search.

Hopefully the owner of Vortex Springs will discourage additional searches.

Correct. I have no intention of diving Vortex Springs to look for anything. Instead, my plan is to hang out in the area between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, where I think the chances for a body recovery are much greater. If that doesn't work, I'll zip over to Cozumel for a couple days. If that doesn't work, I've scheduled trips to Fiji and Bora Bora, and even some alpine lakes in the Sierra Nevada mountains (there is a rumor that Jimmy Hoffa is at the bottom of Big Virginia Lake). I've seen Ben's picture and never forget a face. I'll fearlessly forge ahead in my search.

Hopefully the owner of Vortex Springs will discourage additional searches.

You might come closer than anyone else. Good luck with that!!

Ben's in Mexico? say it ain't so!!!!! :rofl3:

I'm guessing that he found a previously undiscovered aquifer that runs from the Vortex cave system to the Cenotes of Playa del Carmen! :thumb:

Ben's in Mexico? say it ain't so!!!!! :rofl3:

I'm guessing that he found a previously undiscovered aquifer that runs from the Vortex cave system to the Cenotes of Playa del Carmen! :thumb:

My guess was Delta :idk:

Just searching around on the internet about the Vortex subject and this is what I found:
www2.jcfloridan.com/news/2011/feb/27/expert-family-searching-body-doesnt-exist

I think everyone should heed the warning from the diver that went further than all have. Just my thoughts.
Have a great day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom