How do you transport your gear? Car/truck/C-130?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Jeep. Have you actually needed that snorkel? We have some rivers here where it might be needed. Awesome vehicle you have there. :D

Thanks! The snorkel's kind of an engine insurance policy.. A couple of times I've come very close to hydo-ing my engine when an unseen dip in a water crossing sinks the front end a little too deep for comfort (which of course is where the stock air-intake lives). With the snorkel, that's not as much of a concern :)

I've been hauling gear in my 2004 Toyota Matrix. Usually fits my gear, my buddies, and 4 tanks with plenty of room to spare. Back seats fold down completely flat with the hatch back area. I think if we had to we could fit at least 3 divers with full gear and tanks.

Thanks! The snorkel's kind of an engine insurance policy.. A couple of times I've come very close to hydo-ing my engine when an unseen dip in a water crossing sinks the front end a little too deep for comfort (which of course is where the stock air-intake lives). With the snorkel, that's not as much of a concern :)

Sorry for going off topic .... make sure you plug your diff vents when crossing water or install tubing to raise them above the water level.

The snorkel on my Disco is primarily to reduce dust intake to the airbox.

Attachments

• Disco_II_DC07-3.jpg
    Disco_II_DC07-3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 94
Sorry for going off topic .... make sure you plug your diff vents when crossing water or install tubing to raise them above the water level.

The snorkel on my Disco is primarily to reduce dust intake to the airbox.

Yup, they're all raised up to the firewall (with the exception of the rear diff which is still at the gas-cap area). :)

If I didn't want to keep my Jeep, I could always put on my dive gear and try this:

YouTube - Jeep deep water crossing

:D (Though I think that's a yota)

Just imagine, putting your drysuit on at home, getting all kitted up, driving to the dive site, heading down the boat-ramp until the Jeeps almost submerged, getting out and doing the dive, then returning to the Jeep and driving back home... Nothing could go wrong! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom