How do you transport your gear? Car/truck/C-130?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rock a Scuba Jeep, complete with PADI-approved snorkel:

6450_222701750351_815375351_7533295_2397236_n.jpg

It can fit dive and camping gear for two, with 3-4 tanks each... Lots of room in the back with the back-seat out, however everything needs to be stacked just right.

I have an Audi A4 Avant station wagon. It's AWD and has a low profile to the wind, and is a reasonably good snow car. I can fit gear and tanks for two people for two dives in it easily; I think 8 tanks would work, but you'd have to make them the bottom layer, and put everything else on top.

The A4 Avant isn't made any more, but it's basically the same car as the Volkswagen station wagon, although it does not ride the same. The VW is a little more spacious, too.

Audi's Canadian website shows the Audi A4 Avant as a current model...
Audi Canada > 2011 Audi A4 Avant

I had forgotten about Cousteau's Catalina, I always wanted to fly in one of these for some obscure reason.

If you want one

Solomon Islands, Business; PBY/CATALINA,

There are two wrecks of Catalinas that you can dive on, one is on Cumbrae island opposite Largs in Scotland, and the other is in the northern Red Sea on the Saudi side

We have a beautifully restored Catalina on display at the Pima Air and Space Museum here in Tucson, along with several other of the WWII era Flying Boats. Diving on the wreck of one would be cool, but there is just something about walking around the plane, and seeing how it looked when it was in service, that is just awesome.

It can fit dive and camping gear for two, with 3-4 tanks each... Lots of room in the back with the back-seat out, however everything needs to be stacked just right.

You are my hero!!! I have a Jeep, but it is no where near as cool as yours!!!

Just man up and get the original SUV, a truck!

Nice Jeep. Have you actually needed that snorkel? We have some rivers here where it might be needed. Awesome vehicle you have there. :D

I drive a Corolla 4 door sedan and I have used my car for everything from Civil War reenacting to scuba diving. I was able to put 6 aluminum 80s in my trunk, with my get bag on top and dry gear in the back seat without any problems. As other posters have said, just use your weight belt to keep the tanks from rolling, and you'll be fine!

I saw a couple of divers using a modified red Radio Flyer wagon to lug their tanks/gear to/from their car to the water's edge this weekend. The guy had built a special square wooden rack to set inside it to hold the tanks upright. It was really clever & I asked if his kid missed his wagon but he smiled & said no. His son said that mom/dad can use it now that he's a big boy. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom