Scuba diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-monkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am planning on being in Thailand for about 1 month. I have read way to much on the internet on where the best places to go are..such as the Similans, Phuket, Koh Tao, Koh Chang??

Can anyone who lives there or has good experience with diving around Thailand, please give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks.

I have dived from Phuket a few times.

I like diving around Ko Racha Yai & Ko Racha Noi, Ko Dok Mai, Phi Phi, King Cruiser.

Great. Thanks for the info. Could you recommend any particular companies to go diving with or are they all pretty much the same?

Sweet. Thanks very much for the info. I will follow your advice and go with these companies. Cheers.

Until recently, my best dive yet was Richelieu Rock done from the Genesis live-aboard from Sea Bees. It's a spartan live-aboard but the diving's great, the food is wonderful, and the dive masters are excellent. Plus, it's really inexpensive. I would definitely do this dive again.

I am based on Phuket and would be happy to help you sort out your diving. I wouldn't personally recommend Scuba Cat at this time of year for experienced divers since they basically just park their boat in one place next to Racha Yai for Open Water course training dives. There are more interesting dive sites around here and there are other boats visiting them. So my advice is to use a good agent who can place you on any number of boats rather than any particular company that has just one boat.

As for Richelieu Rock, it's not accessible this time of year, unfortunately.

Hi,

I am planning on being in Thailand for about 1 month. I have read way to much on the internet on where the best places to go are..such as the Similans, Phuket, Koh Tao, Koh Chang??

Can anyone who lives there or has good experience with diving around Thailand, please give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks.

Hello!

When is your trip because it really depends of the monsoon if you should do diving on the East Coast or the West Coast. For me the best diving in Thailand are the Similan Islands.

Ko Tao is good to leanr scuba diving but not so much for great dive sites. The Surin Islands are also very beautiful.

Ask me if you need more details!

Hello!

When is your trip because it really depends of the monsoon if you should do diving on the East Coast or the West Coast. For me the best diving in Thailand are the Similan Islands.

Ko Tao is good to leanr scuba diving but not so much for great dive sites. The Surin Islands are also very beautiful.

Ask me if you need more details!
IMO the diving on the West Coast is year round better than the other diveareas in Thailand. Unless you're after something specific, like wreck diving, go to Pattaya, or a cheap open water course, go to Koh Tao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom