C7 Incomplete (Walking Quad)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hodge Podge

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a Master Diver, rebreather, and deco diver with many many dives under my belt. I am now a C7 incomplete Tetraplegic (Walking Quad) and am looking for dive resorts in the Pacific where I can go.

Limited walking on land but can still dive as long as currents are not strong. My dive computer said my surface interval is 673 days and I need to get back into the water. Any help would be welcome.

If you don't already know him, you might want to contact Scott who owns A-1 Scuba in Englewoood, CO (right up the road from you) at (303) 789-2450.
see: A-1 Scuba, Denver and Colorado's Ultimate Scuba Shop! Englewood, Colorado 80110

Scott should be able to make some recommendations. Among other things, he is a current Handicapped Scuba Association Course Director/Instructor and a recent DAN/Rolex Diver of the Year winner for (among other things) his work with handicapped divers.
see: Scott Taylor Is the 2006 DAN/Rolex Diver of the Year | Sport Diver Magazine

Call Scott as recommended above. You could also call Handicap Scuba Association Jim Gatacre, head of Handicapped SCUBA Association International would be a good resource. He has lead some dive trips into the South Pacific etc and could put you in touch iwht travel to areas that are more handicapped friendly. The Carribean site of Bonaire is regarded as being very accessible.

You can always give me a call and we can hit the pacific, but it would be Los Angels area (Catalina, Laguna Beach, Malibu) but it would be wet. Sundiver Express is normally captained by Kyaa an Handicapped SCUBA Association International instructor with an excellent crew for trips to Catalina.

Cody Unsers First Steps Foundatino in Alberque NM wold have some leads for you as would Dive Heart of Chicago as they both make trips.

Well i just ot back from Puerto Galera is the northwesternmost municipality in the province of Oriental Mindoro,Philippines. It is located at the southwestern end of the Isla Verde Passage, about 130 kilometers (81 mi) south of Manila. Did over 30 dives. Wheelchair was no problem. They do 5 boat dives a day inclusive of a night dive.

The nightlife was wild as were the cock fights live and on tv

Outstanding. Sounds like you had an outstanding time (minus the cock fights).

Hats off to you, Hodge Podge :acclaim:

What an inspiration you are!

We would be more than happy to help you out with some diving in Okinawa.

Back
Top Bottom