Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to post a screen shot of what I got and failed. There was a message saying there was a problem with the site and asked if I wanted to continue or get out. When I clicked on get me out of here, I was directed to my homepage.

I don't know what avast is. The page had the same color and look as what Dandy posted. Some days I wish I was more computer literate, others I am glad I am not.

I have also seen a warning on the top of the page after it loaded telling me that McAfee was blocking the unsafe part of the site but I could view it if I was sure it was safe. I never viewed it and just ignored the warning. It is the only site I frequent that I have ever seen this warning. Not sure if this helps but that is what I can offer for now.

This is the page that the warning of an attack page.

This is what it says:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.scubaboard.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I got the following warning for the first time today. Attaching a copy of the screen shot and the explanation page.

Advisory provided by
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.scubaboard.com/forums/cave-diving
What is the current listing status for www.scubaboard.com/forums/cave-diving?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-15, and the last suspicious content was found on this site on 2011-10-15.
Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s).
Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including robopenw.dyndns.tv/, 95.168.187.0/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS6364 (ATLANTIC).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.scubaboard.com/forums/cave-diving did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:
• Return to the previous page.
• If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Updated 5 hours ago
©2008 Google - Google Home

Attachments

• attack page.jpg
    attack page.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 209
Malicious content warning in my browser

I'm using chrome browser, and starting today I received this message :

ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home includes content from roboshqz.dyndns.tv, a site known for distributing malicious software. Your computer can be infected if you visit this site. (sorry, my OS is in spanish).

warning.jpg

I've been getting attacked by web cam bait at Scubaboard also. Norton has been catching it so far.

[h=2]Safe Browsing[/h][h=3]Diagnostic page for roboodmv.dyndns.tv[/h]What is the current listing status for roboodmv.dyndns.tv?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 61 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-10-15.Malicious software includes 39 trojan(s).
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS21788 (NOC).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, roboodmv.dyndns.tv did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 5 domain(s), including pricerunner.se/, hightimes.com/, farfesh.com/.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

This should be all resolved now folks! Howarde and DallasMarlow worked together to resolve it completely. Google will be re-inspecting the site to verify that we removed the code from our servers. Until they are satisfied, the warning will still be displayed!

Ya, Firefox is giving me that as well. Seems theres a link somewhere thats causing it. A pain, hopefully it can be corrected. I had to use Opera to get in. Firefox just keeps annoying you heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom