Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's not an SB Problem... Just an anti-virus problem?

So it's not an SB Problem... Just an anti-virus problem?
I hope so. I certainly don't know enough about such to understand the issue, just tried to give a documented report, but it seems to have resolved - thanks.

Well... considering I didn't do anything. I'd have to say there was nothing wrong with ScubaBoard.

I also deleted your post on the SB Facebook wall, so as not to freak everyone out.

Thanks.

I also deleted your post on the SB Facebook wall, so as not to freak everyone out.
Good. I had tried to delete thast when I found this solution but I guess that failed.

For the last 2 days everytime I load the SB page my security sytem tells me it blocked an attack. It is not happening anywhere else. I tried to copy and paste details but couldnt

You may want to take this out if the "solved" column. I just got this message:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!​
www.scubaboard.com contains content from roboodmv.dyndns.tv, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.​
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.​
We have already notified roboodmv.dyndns.tv that we found malware on the site.​

I got a similar message on my Windows machine at work. I rarely get messages like this, particularly at work.​

I am using Norton security suite

You may want to take this out if the "solved" column. I just got this message:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!​
ScubaBoard - ScubaBoard Home contains content from roboodmv.dyndns.tv, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.​
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.​
We have already notified roboodmv.dyndns.tv that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on roboodmv.dyndns.tv, visit the Google​

Thats exactly what I received​

One of the computers I use at work died on me yesterday. Giving lots of messages about viruses and refusing to run some (essential) programs.I was browsing Scubaboard at the time.
Might be a coincidence, but to be safe I think I'll be restricting Scubaboard to my personal MAC laptop from now.

I'm getting the same alerts from Norton. This only started a couple of days ago and only happens on this site.
Norton Alert .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom