Wrist Computers for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquivision X1 -- by far the best choice for size and readability, very flexible, out of your price range. Liquivision Xen/Xeo -- very nice size, very readable. I don't know what the Xeo is running, or what the asking price for the new, recreational Lynx will be, but probably comparable to the D9. I have seen the D9, and it is comparable in size to the Mosquito (a bit bigger) but not very readable.

I had not considered a Liquivision computer, but honestly the Lynx seems about perfect! It is in the budget, looks small enough, and seems like it would be easy to read. How do the transmitters work with this computer? It says on Liquivision's website that they will be available this spring.

The right bungee makes all the difference in the world.

The Lynx looks very promising. If I were in the market for a computer that's what I'd look at. Also I agree that you're probably using too stiff and too thick a bungee. There is an English vendor on Ebay selling a nice compliant 4mm bungee cord.

Adam

I really don't know a great deal about the Lynx, and I'm not sure it's actually available to purchase yet. But Liquivision is very good about answering questions.

My zen was just upgraded with the larger battery compartment and was told It was the first ship on the rechargeable battery. No charger till later this month but we are moving forward. It really does rock in the water and the customer service is way beyond anything I have encountered.

I really don't know a great deal about the Lynx, and I'm not sure it's actually available to purchase yet. But Liquivision is very good about answering questions.

I emailed them, and they are saying that the estimate they will be ready in late May, early June. That is probably a little too late for me, as I will be going on a week long dive trip in Feb. I think I am still leaning towards the Suunto D6i.

I emailed them, and they are saying that the estimate they will be ready in late May, early June. That is probably a little too late for me, as I will be going on a week long dive trip in Feb. I think I am still leaning towards the Suunto D6i.

Are you sure that's not the estimate for the wireless AI? I thought the wrist unit was coming out this month?

Yep, I emailed them directly:
"Thanks for your email and interest in the LYNX. We are currently in the beginning stages of developing the LYNX and the wireless transmitter. We aim to have the product released to dealers by late May, early June. "

Xeo

If you don't absolutely HAVE to have the wireless feature, the XEO would be a fine computer for what you need. Just because it can handle tech dives doesn't mean it has to, and Liquivision has made sure to make the operation of the computer super easy, so that even a new diver can navigate the menus. I've dove the XEO on dives ranging from 20ft training dives in the quarry, all the way to 250ft+ tech dives and it absolutely rocks. Even for just routine, recreational, nitrox diving, it would be a great solution for what you are looking for. The visibility underwater cannot even be compared to, and the size of the entire computer is perfect. Check out the picture below. The computer on the left is a Suunto Heli02 and the Xeo is on the right.

393447_2804573387792_1062343950_2925458_1663753025_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom