Just a little rant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're obviously bearing up pretty well NatureDiver, I would just like to stress that the most important thing is not to let anything like this affect your professionalism. If that happens you'll feel really silly.
I don't know about this guy but sometimes people who put ou down are just waiting for you to screw up and prove their point.

NorthernMelody:
Alright...but HOW do you get a cool job like that...really curious here!!!!

Really the way you get any other job :)

Be at the right place, at the right time, with the right skills.

I put my resume in once, and they called back within 6 weeks or so. I also applied over the internet (it's the only way they recruit for my position). I know we get an awful lot of resumes....probably between 500 - 600 a month....so persistence pays off. In general, they won't take someone straight out of college for my job, they really want someone with some life and professional experience behind them. At the same time, they need someone who's ok living on a cruise ship for most of the year :) So, the applicant pool of folks who are suited to do this isn't as big as one might think.

Colin's right, I take care of the computer systems onboard.....so I don't get a chance to dive quite as much as him, but all my dives are pleasure dives :)

Peace,
Cathie

Just start calling him "Pops" or "Gran" ....... If he's the shallow babe-hunter you seem to imply he is, he prolly won't like that too much. Start making remarks about receding hairlines and zimmerframes if he doesn't get the message ........

NINman:
Well just tell him that you don't like being called kid, enough said.

On a side note: I enjoyed my NCL SUN cruse in May of 2002. Hopeing to get on another one soon. Sounds like that life can get quite fun, though I did dive, it wasn't with NCL.

Must be nice to have free Internet access when we had to pay like 1.25 a min or something like that, =(
IN TWENTY YEARS FROM NOW HE,LL WICH TO BE CALLED KID AGAIN AND PROPABLY LIE ABOUT HIS AGE.PEACE

Back
Top Bottom