Shameless Personal Post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ocean is 200 yds away to the south or a quarter mile to the north. The dive boats are less than five minutes away. Welcome to my backyard! We're the un-cola nut of diving destinations. The price of success is never too sweet!

The ocean here is 50 yards out our back door but it sure ain't S. Fla.

Say it isn't so, this is the internet!

Not to get off topic but I like to call them Internet Divers. :) 10,000 Logged Internet Dives and 20 Real Logged Dives makes them an expert on anything and everything related to diving.

Sorry I'll return back to the topic now...

Any diving milestone is a good milestone.

If there are two things in life guaranteed to brighten my day they are a smile from a pretty girl and the unabashed enthusiasm of the newer diver.

Thanks!

Congratulations! It is very exciting to hit those milestones! I struggled in the beginning to learn to dive and with the support of the SBers here I kept trying and so every milestone dive meant ALOT to me. 18 short months ago I was afraid to put my face under water, swam only on the surface and now 14 months after my first OW dive, I am in my Divemaster internship and just logged my 85th dive! It made me smile to see your post knowing exactly how you felt when you achieved it and it brought back those memories to me!

Continue to enjoy your diving journey!

I know this is totally lame but I just had dives #25 & 26 today, so I got to bump up my total dive classification number here on SB. I'm absolutely beaming at hitting this "milestone." :)

To make this post even remotely on topic, great day today diving New England. Cathedral Rocks in Rockport MA, saw a sculpin and jellies for the first time, plus the usual collection of Northern Red Anemonies, lobsters, crabs, starfish.... Glorious. I'm even feeling pretty competent in my dry suit.
I was just in MASS. I thought about diving there, but have never been.

Your enthusiasm has sparked my future interest.

Thanks!

I'm trying to hit 25 before the end of the dive season, even if it means two early morning dives at the quarry before starting my day at 12-1 pm.

Very cool... milestones are as much a part of diving as getting certified. Always feel welcome to share your joy in diving: that's why we're here!

BTW, when you get ready to do some "real" diving, the pool's open here in Key Largo year 'round! ^.^ (Getting ready for some flames after that... )

My dive buddy is a long time instructor and spent many years in the Keys - she's working on me to schedule a Keys trip soon!!! Looking forward to it!

This Glouchester dive in two weeks will be my first return to the cold MA Atlantic waters since my youth. Diving in your waters makes for some damned good divers, as diving up there is not easy peasy warm water diving, and diver who learn in such waters tend to learn well or quit early!

I have heard that as well - looks like I'm falling into the "learn well" category. What's great about learning up here, in my opinion, is that I don't know any different. Easy peasy warm water diving? What is that????? :)

Yeah, in July I did a dive at Back Beach in Rockport in my shorty. Air temp. was 90 and water temp. 57.

In a shorty. Wow. I'm speechless!

Not sure if you dive dry yet but once you do, diving in New England becomes a year around activity. Actually, I know a few people that dive year around in a wetsuit.

EDIT: Saw that you have a drysuit. The good news is your dive season is effectively year round and your dive count will continue to climb :)

My first dive after my certification dive trip down to Crystal River FL was my drysuit cert dives. I got home from Florida and immediately started researching dry suits - I couldn't dive up here without one (I was cold in a 7mm in 72F water), and I didn't want to be a vacation diver. Best investment ever, and I feel like a badass in that thing. Total win win. :) I'll definitely be diving year round - I found a great club that dives all year round, the only change they make is once it gets colder, we meet up at 10am instead of 8am on Saturday mornings. And I simply cannot wait for the New Years Day dive - how fun is that?????

I've been traveling the past few weeks and finally have a free weekend - Sunday I'll be back under, and I'm counting the minutes.

This is such a great board - thanks for all the encouragement!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom