• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Shameless Personal Post

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by MADiveGirl, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MADiveGirl

MADiveGirl Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I know this is totally lame but I just had dives #25 & 26 today, so I got to bump up my total dive classification number here on SB. I'm absolutely beaming at hitting this "milestone." :)

To make this post even remotely on topic, great day today diving New England. Cathedral Rocks in Rockport MA, saw a sculpin and jellies for the first time, plus the usual collection of Northern Red Anemonies, lobsters, crabs, starfish.... Glorious. I'm even feeling pretty competent in my dry suit.

2. mtl perry

mtl perry Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  3. Scuba_Noob

Scuba_Noob Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Don't stop now! I should hit mine in the next month or so, if work-related stress doesn't keep me from the water. Glorious!

4. Dsix36

Dsix36 Solo Diver

First of all, Congrats on this milestone.

As you keep diving there will be many more to come. Not all of them will be wonderful experiences, but they will be well remembered. There will be more awesome adventures and things to see and do. In very short order, you will be having a hard time remembering dive number 25. The dives will just keep racking up.

Just keep the priority on having fun and being safe, the rest will take care of itself.

5. CamG

CamG Divemaster Candidate

Congratulations MADiveGirl!
    Love your handle!
    I can remember the first 25 / 50/ 100 and then they get fuzzy.
    One of my most memorable was OW dive #1 I was never the same afterward!
    They just keep getting better!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

6. Aqua-Andy

Aqua-Andy Solo Diver

Congrats and what a place for it to happen. Cathedral never seams to disappoint it is one of my favorite sites.

MADiveGirl likes this.
  7. TMHeimer

TMHeimer Divemaster

Congratulations. I can't remember #s 25, 26 offhand, but I do recall 19 & 20 being near Newport, RI. Back then you needed 20 logged dives to do PADI Rescue course. I managed to get to Rockport (Back Beach) this past July. Pretty good dives--found a huge periwinkle for the shell collection. It was a 15 hour day round trip from N.Y., and oh, that Boston Fri. rush hour traffic on the Mass. Pike.

8. g1138

g1138 Marine Scientist

Ahh I remember hitting pee number 25 and 26 on dive 8.....oh wait different topic. :D

9. Tug

Tug ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

congrats on dive #25 and #26! Keep on diving and before you know it you'll be wondering where the time went

:)

of course I'm also slightly jealous. I hit Back Beach today, would have been nice to hit Cathedral

10. DukeAMO

DukeAMO Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    That's cool! I just logged #23 and really really want to see mine tick over too, so I know what you mean!