New diver in Daytona Beach, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I recently gained my OW certificate and loved every second of the experience. The problem is my friend who was going to show me the ropes moved away and I don't know anybody else around here who dives. The shop I learned at doesn't offer beginning dives. Any suggestions on what to do? Is anybody in the area who would like to help?

Welcome to SCUBAboard.

Good Luck & Good Diving!

Congrats on your new cert! I would ask around a few local dive shops, many of them offer buddy match-up type programs, like blind dating for divers! Short of that, you might try craigslist, or look for local dive groups / clubs near your area. If all else fails, I'm sure there are some busy dive spots near you, go head to one of them on a Sat or Sun morning around 7-9am, I bet you meet a lot of divers, and probably a few groups of divers. You could also try posting in the regional boards here. Good luck finding someone to dive with!

We dive often in the Florida Springs at Blue Grotto-Devils Den-Ginny-Rainbow and boat dives at West Palm and Juipter from here in Jax. There are a couple divers from St. Augustine that join us from time to time also.

If I have your e-mail I'll put you on our activities list and you can pick and choose from any dives we make. We have a good group of divers from beginners, Advanced and above.

Regards

all the good diving is south of you!

come visit the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook or on Meetup.com

we run dives for divers of all levels.

Surprised no one has suggested you re-post here ...

Florida Diving

... or maybe a moderator will move your post for you.

Good luck and happy bubbles!

Hi Islandheart can you please add me to that list I'm up here in Jacksonville without a partner and would love to hook up with a bunch of fun-loving folks that enjoy diving. Thank you

d_naber@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPad

Dnaber,
happy to do so, we dive numerous times each month.

Fun dive at Devils Den the 22nd Dec.....

North Florida Divers - we dive all year long and offer courses. We are located in Jacksonville but service the north florida area. Here is our website: jacksonvillescubaclasses.com Let me know if you would like to be put on our email list for upcoming trips and classes.

dive safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom