What do you wear over your swimsuit on a dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just stay in my wetsuit. I usually have a microfiber towel in case I get chilly.

I'm a fair-weather/warm-weather diver, so I can get away with an oversized T-shirt or sweat shirt that covers me up, gives me some warmth, and that I can elect not to sit on in my wet bathing suit. It's no fashion statement, but I'm comfy so I don't care. :)

A pair of shorts and a tank top out if its going to be a boat ride over half an hour with a pareo/sarong over my shoulders which I use to stop getting sunburnt then I tie it around my waist after the dive ...but quite often just throw my shorts back on. In Sumatra the sarong becomes a head scalf/shoulder covering if im around the Shariah Law areas.

Maybe this is an idiotic question but what do you wear over your swimsuit on a dive boat? I have only been on one boat dive. I wore denim shorts and a tank top over my one-piece swimsuit.

I hate that wet feeling though...when you put a pair of shorts on over a wet swimsuit.

Been thinking about wearing my two-piece next time and a skirt, and then i could just take my bottoms off after the dive...not huge into the idea of going commando afterwards but it does sound better than swamp butt.

Ladies...ideas? What do you do?

Thanks in advance.

Out & back it's usually the wetsuit pulled up/down to the waist. Most often you don't have enough room to do any sort of wardrobe exchanges on a dive boat. Plus any wave action makes it pretty difficult to do any changes.

Once I'm either back at the car or somewhere else on land where I have room to manoeuvre is when I change into something dry.

FWIW,

I usually wear my wetsuit until both dives are over then change into my board shorts. If its cold, I put on my sweatshirt. (yes it gets cold in the caribbean winter when the wind blows on wet skin). Sometimes I wear a beach dress, knit skirt. Anything quick dry is what is most comfortable. And minnesnowta, there really aren't any dumb questions if you don't have the answer.

What do I wear OVER my swim suit? Lately, it has been my gut.

That is one picture I really could do without....

I guess I'm thinking more on the shuttle/van/transportation back to the hotel from the dive shop...I hate sitting on a hot sticky shuttle with swamp-ass. Blech!

I have a couple of light cotton 'dresses' that do the job. They're more like long fitted t-shirts with a tie belt. The belt is useful for tying it to rails so that it doesn't blow away while I'm in the water. They dry really quickly pack small.

If its warm, I slip on a light cover up or sarong and t-shirt. I usually wear a 2 piece swimsuit for ease of dressing.
if cold, I get out of wet clothes right away, into sweats. I will go in the head to change if I have to.

Rarely a head to change in on the boats I'm diving with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom