Turks and Caicos Seven Star at Grace Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Provo is just across the road from 7 stars they have 3 boats in tip top condition!its a 10second walk from the gate
due to logistics of the island all boats that leave from the south (dive shops provide transport there) the boat trips are at least 50 mins to west caicos ,north west point ,40 mins to french cay so the days trips end at around 2:30 - 3:30 pm the boats can go to n.w.p from the north side aswell
the opperation is the best on the island Alan is very good ,Claire runs the shop with some of the other girls they have 10 staff on board always have a guide in the water you can either follow the guide or go your own way the tops of the walls start around 40 ft so keep an eye on your deco no.s the diving is stunning all around lots of sharks and rays and dont forget the small stuff too great fun!!!
resturants to look at are mango reef ,coco biestro, opus,and cocktails at someware on the beach!!!!

You forgot to mention the between dive sandwiches made with bread from the French bakery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum yum yum...

well dive provo get there banana bread and stuff from there and yes it is YUM YUM YUM!!!!

A lot of the snacks for the dive trips now come from Salt Mills Cafe. Do not miss Coco Bistro. You will have the best grilled lobster you have ever had in your life. I never dove with Dive Provo but as I said you cannot go wrong with Caicos Adventures. You are in for a wonderful time!

the infinity bar at the grace bay club is great ! but really love somewhere on the beach for sunset is great
dont forget shark bite in turtle cove along with tiki hut!
if you get chance to do a sunset cruise or glow worm trip you will not be dissapointed!
Dive Provo have there boats on the north & south sides so can go out where the best conditions are! caicos adventures dont!!!
check out trip advisor but id go dive provo always for land based trips

Dive Provo also has a three tanker on most Wednesday. Good operation and I agree with the positive food comments. Contact me private for any additional island info.

Oh this is great!. I don't have to research restaurants either :)

Do you guys recommend renting a car? I figure if I don't have to wait for their shuttle/transport and drive on my own to the marina it will be quicker.

I was in T&C 10 years ago, stayed at one of the resort most of the time and went golfing once.

Research (TripAdvisor) said not to rent from anyone but Avis or Grace Bay Car Rentals. We are renting from Grace Bay.

Here's some more intel from one of my dive buddies:

- Jimmy's Dive Bar, at Ports of Call shops area: great bacon cheeseburger (the fuhgeddaboudit burger), good conch fritters. they charge you 5% extra to use a credit card. free/cheap souvenir tips: coasters (if they bring any), and plastic cups (16 oz ish) with their logo that they usually bring if order soda.
- Caicos Cafe, very nice (but still casual/island) outside seating, everybody liked everything they ate

- Danny Buoy's: irish pub (kind of) on Grace Bay Rd in middle of several shopping areas (souvenirs, jewelry, art galleries, etc), Good steak sandwich, Sells Cuban cigars inside Nothing special, just a decent bar/pub type place

- Bella Luna: excellent Italian place on Grace Bay Rd between Seven Stars and Danny Buoy's. Make reservations. Saw several people get turned away, Veal boscaiola (very much like veal/chicken marsala) and veal parmigiana both great. Also the appetizer with salami wrapped mozzarella in balsamic? Excellent.

- Via Veneto: great Italian upstairs at Ports of Call Shops. Homemade gnocchi in meat sauce and baked eggplant appetizer are great, but they were changing their menu so they may only have these at lunch now. They do many things to go, saw many people picking up orders to take back to resorts.

- Hemingway's on the Beach, at Sands Resort (furthest walk from OCWest, walk the beach to get there): breakfast outside, on the small dunes (well, kinda like dunes) right at the beach. Good eggs benedict.

- Upstairs Cafe: literally above Jimmy's. Evan got a jerk chicken or pork thing, Good fries, good grilled very thin crust pizza.

Non-restaurant food options:

- Caicos Bakery: same little plaza as Caicos Cafe. Excellent French bakery. The dive boat sandwiches come from here. Got a ham & cheese croissant, apple danish, and chocolate chip muffin for $5! Only cheap place I found!

- Giggles Ice cream & candy: in Ports of Call Shops.

- IGA Gourmet: nice new super market (not huge, but lots of stuff) short distance down the road that leads south from Grace Bay Rd from the rotary in front of Seven Stars Resort. Many things are very expensive (pint of ben & jerry's is over $8!), some things reasonable. Has a little coffee bar/snack thing, at least some of the dive boats crew go here for their morning routine.

Get a car, we always do. Glad someone else did the restaurant thing. Due to long days on the boat we tended to get back starving around 3-4pm so we simply ate (and drank) in our villa with food from the IGA across the street. The only place we ate out was Hole in the Wall as our very first and last meal as it's close to the airport. We did lunch at Las Brisas which was OK, but the view is A+++.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom