Turks and Caicos Seven Star at Grace Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning on going in August. Any recommendations for dive shop? Not sure if Seven Stars has their own dive shop.

I did my open water in T&C about 10 years ago. Didn't think diving was all that great. But first time staying at Seven Stars so many there will be better sites.

Any comments, reviews or tips appreciated.

I've used Dive Provo a few times and had good experiences with them.

Didn't think diving was all that great.
Take a boat trip to West Caicos or French Cay and you might change your mind...unless you think wall diving with sharks, stingrays, barracuda and turtles isn't great.

On the same dive....

I would agree that diving off Provo off NW Point isn't as good.

If you used an op that didn't go past Grace Bay, you just didn't get to the good diving. (Getting to the good diving means driving to the other side of the island and leaving from a dock there, it's too far by boat from Grace Bay.)

It doesn't look like there is a dive op at Seven Stars, it just says they will arrange resort dives so I'm guessing even that is with another op. We were happy with Caicos Adventures, though it was a long time ago, but they are still recommended a lot.

I'm going in August as well. Our LDS just did a trip and did all their dives with Dive Provo. They're still talking about it.

I sent Dive Provo an email and it bounced back. But I checked the map and they have offices close by the hotel.

It seems diving with them requires a pickup by bus and then a drive to their dock/boat. Basically 2 tank dive is an all day event, coming back around 3-4PM. Wifey will not like that. :confused:

Thanks for all the tips.

Getting back that late was a killer for us. Sure French Cay or West Caicos were better than Salt Cay. We dived there the week before and loved having lunch at 12:30. Getting back so late was a day killer. Trying Grand Turk only this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Getting back that late was a killer for us. Sure French Cay or West Caicos were better than Salt Cay. We dived there the week before and loved having lunch at 12:30. Getting back so late was a day killer. Trying Grand Turk only this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That will be the killer for me too. Once I am off the boat I just want to be at a bar drinking an ice cold beer.

Now I am debating whether I will dive more than one day.

I admit we had fun but now when I research a dive destination I look into low long it takes to get to the dive sites. Another problem with the long trips was we didn't get to do any night dives as there was no way we were going back out again!

Also look at Caicos Adventures. The trip takes a little longer but French Cay and West Caicos are awesome. If you go with Caicos say hello to 'Fifi' for me. I was working there for two years and went out with Caicos Adventures on my days off from CM. Always had great dives. If you are going out to Northwest Point - don't miss Chimney, Garden Eels and the Dome and expect lots of reef and nurse sharks!

Back
Top Bottom